Search Unity

[Cardboard] Make Cardboard Gaze interactable with a controller

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by UnaiLz, Oct 10, 2017.

1. UnaiLz

UnaiLz

Hi there people!

I'm trying to use a bluetooth controller with UI canvas in google cardboard, and I don't know how to make the "Fire1" input, that normaly is asociated with the mouse click but when I put the input with the controller it doesn't work.

I tried to found it on the internet, but I didn't find nothing.

I can debug.log it and I get the "Fire1 is pressed" input, but it doesn't work when I push it for the button, and also doesn't works with the "Pointer Down"

Any ideas??

Thank you all!! :)

To a moderator, please delete https://forum.unity.com/threads/make-cardboard-gaze-interactable-with-a-controller.499484/ <-this post. I have posted it by mistake. Thank you.

2. verybinary

verybinary

In Edit>Project Settings>Input, you should see a list of(I think) 18 axis. There should also be two Fire1 headings. the first is to register the mouse click. the second should be an extra one to define a joypad button. Map the fire axises to whichever controller you are using.
    If still no, are you sure the gamepad is being picked up? troubleshooting my apps, if unknown, I head to an app that I know works great with the controller. maybe Bluetooth isn't on? mMaybe the usb isn't fully connected?