Search Unity

Cardboard iOS - Iphone 5 / 5C - OpenGL es 2.0 Big issue On U2017.1.1P3/2017.1/2017.2/2017.3Beta

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by yvrez, Sep 28, 2017.

1. yvrez

yvrez

Hi,

I have spent the whole day and night to find a solution to a problem that occurs only on iphone 5 / 5c.
    As these devices only support opengl es 2.0 the unity player is switching correctly to this API (i have also tested disabling the Auto Graphic API and defining only gl ES 2.0 but it doesn't change anything).

As soon as the vr scene start and you switch from "none" device to "cardboard" i have a black screen. If i activate the MSAA i only have the right eye.

The only "solution" that i have found right now is to minimize / maximize the game and then when the context is restored the stereo rendering is working as expected. Everything else i have tried is not working (disabling/enabling camera, reset camera parameters, load/unload vr-xr device multiple times, ...)

Can anyone help me on this or should i plan to move back to Unity 5.6 or earlier ?

Thx for your help

2. yvrez

yvrez

3. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

The best ETA we can give right now is soon. It's in process for back porting right now and will be released as soon as we can get it out.

4. namo2

namo2

New Beta still has the same error. Black screen at start.

Unity 2017.2.0f2
    Released: October 3, 2017