Search Unity

(Cardboard) Google VR iOS results in upside-down view

Discussion in 'VR' started by CatDevPete, Apr 30, 2019.

1. CatDevPete

CatDevPete

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else either has encountered this issue, or know of a fix/alternate solution.
    I'm currently trying to make a cross-platform Google VR application.

Android currently works just fine. iOS can compile, but the view is upside-down. Trying to flip it from landscape-left to landscape-right does not fix it, it just rotates until it's inverted in the other orientation as well.

This is occurring with the "Google VR iOS" package in version 1.18.5 from the manager, running with Unity version 2019.1.0f2. I've tried reverting to a lower version under "See all versions", but I'm getting "self signed certificate in certificate chain" error.

Also, it's present even with new projects, although I've only tested it with two devices so far, the iPhone 6s and the iPhone SE. They are similar in terms of specs, so I'm not sure if it's working fine with iPhones 7 and above.

I've also tried to use Google's unity SDK from their GitHub (version 1.200.0) separate to Unity's package, but it's not generating an .xcworkspace file. If I include both Unity's Google VR iOS package and Google's Unity GVR package (which would generate a workspace file to build onto the phone), the same upside-down issue happens.

I'll include a video later of the comparison.

Can anyone either tell me if they have an iPhone that's working fine with the package in question or not, or if there's a fix/configuration that I'm not able to find?

2. Bigg_P

Bigg_P

Have you found any solution? I am also facing the same issue

3. CatDevPete

CatDevPete

None, unfortunately. Other than regressing to a previous version of unity & using Google's Unity VR SDK, of course.
    I've already submitted a bug report to unity about it, so we can only wait now.

DaReign likes this.
  4. DaReign

DaReign

Well I have that same issue. Some android devices work correctly but some render view upside down :(. I really don't belive that nobody seen this before release new version of unity / cardboard sdk because mamy peoples faced that same isssue. I forced orientation to Landascape: Left but everythig is still upside down. Anybody have any idea how to fix it. There should be at least option to programatically flip the view.

5. Voronoi

Voronoi

I'm running into a similar issue with Google Cardboard and 360 video. The eyes seem to be reversed! With the video, I can mirror the video on import, but the eyes are still wrong and now the type is a mirror image. Nothing so far seems to fix this!

On iOS, it's not just L/R reversed, it's also upside down as you all are reporting... Running this on 2019.1.3f1 with all the packages for ARfoundation, ARCore, ARKit at 2.1.0

Last edited: May 23, 2019