Search Unity

Card placement and movement

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by pluMmet, Apr 15, 2018.

1. pluMmet

pluMmet

I usually come here to get help with this stuff...

I posted this over at Unity Connect. I figured anyone able to help with this stuff in the forum might just want to take a few hours and get paid themselves?

If I get some interest I'll provide the scene in a pm here on the forum, I don't know how Unity Connect works really lol

Is there a method for paying people on Unity Connect...? If so I can't find it.

https://connect.unity.com/jobs/5ad325160909151ece3f5326

I provide a 3D scene with a 4x4 grid and Cards are drawn along with the Puck Model.

5 cards will be in hand each can be one of 5 Colors. I have 1 model that can be one of 5 colors to match the cards.

'D' key draws additional card.

Use/alter scene code to create the following:

Part 1

I need to be able to select and place a card on a 4x4 grid using Up,Down,Left,Right Arrows and Space Bar.

Order is this Select card, select grid, chose 2D direction of card, Instantiate Puck model on grid in that direction.

Right Left Arrows to select Card, Space Bar locks selection. All arrows to select Grid, Space Bar locks selection. Right Left Arrows spin card (Left = counter clock) Space Bar locks selection. Card moves from hand to selected grid {card UI is destroyed) and Model Puck is Instantiated on Grid in Correct Direction.

*new card is drawn... ability to repeat Part 1 freely before moving on to parts 2 and 3.

Part 2

I need to be able to Use the ‘A’ key to select a grid and have any Puck on adjoining grids rotate to face that grid.

Hit 'A' key. All arrows to select Grid, Space Bar locks selection.

Part 3

I need to be able to use the ‘B’ key to select a grid and push any adjoining Puck away from that grid as long as no Puck is in a grid that a Puck would be pushed to.

Hit 'B' key. All arrows to select Grid, Space Bar locks selection.

Part 4

Ability to select a grid and rotate puck model using arrow keys.

Hit 'S' key select grid containing a Puck, space bar locks selection. Right Left arrows rotate puck into one of 4 2D directions aka 90 degree rotations.

Notes:

I need each Part to be a separate c# script and an additional script created for the keyboard input.

My programing skills are not current. Any additional script needed might be allowed.

Price for work is open for negotiation.

Payment in Litecoin using escrow after completion or before completion in USD with established Connect Partner

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  2. pluMmet

pluMmet

Looks like I have this sorted.. thanks for looking in on my thread ;)