Search Unity

Card payment integration for applications

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by RoyalCoder, Oct 26, 2020.

1. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi friends,

In my project (Android/iOS), I need to integrate a direct card payment system for services and goods, processing and callbacks, for example, payment on Uber App, etc.

Can be this done? Can you guys, recommend third-party services for this implementation?

P.S: The app is only for mobile platforms Android/iOS.
    Thanks in advance!

2. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

I'd recommend Stripe. Assuming of course you're only talking about physical, real-life goods and services. Any digital goods need to go through Apple/Google's IAP systems I believe.

RoyalCoder and Joe-Censored like this.
  3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

I also recommend stripe having used it for a few client projects now, its pretty easy to integrate.

As @PraetorBlue said already, it is only valid for physical goods and real life services, anything digital must go through IAP and is subject to the IAP % cut, or it is seen as circumventing the app store and will not get accepted onto the store at submission.

RoyalCoder likes this.
  4. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi, @PraetorBlue & @MadeFromPolygons, my project is indeed for real-life goods and services, wow thanks it looks like a very powerful payment provider, I will check it out.
    Do they provide a Unity SDK? Or you guys integrate their API with .NET?

5. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Its a REST api and provides a .NET implementation:

https://stripe.com/docs/api?lang=dotnet

So you can just go ahead and use the API directly from your unity scripts :) but no there is not a SDK for unity, but no need when there is one for .NET as I dont know what unity-API specific stuff would be needed beyond the .NET capabilities anyway!

RoyalCoder likes this.
  6. greg-fine

greg-fine

@MadeFromPolygons do you know how this works with PCI compliance? I might have this wrong but I believe that with Stripe's .NET APIs you have to take credit card info from a unity text input field and pass it into the API. Because the app is handling the payment info in this way, don't you have to file compliance/security reports and stuff?

Thanks!

7. yousifmoh

yousifmoh

Hi, Is there any update on your work? I'm trying to build the same thing.