Search Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by RUNTIME_FEE, Jan 23, 2018.

1. RUNTIME_FEE

RUNTIME_FEE

Nice

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  2. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

looks awesome. can i purchase dircetly from you??? send pm pls

3. Pabac

Pabac

Looks good! but I think Unity already has a lot of this kind so they would not take any more of it?

4. GCatz

GCatz

not bad, post here a link to your store and let people buy directly

5. lejean

lejean

you're joking right, it's literally hearthstone in a different color

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. LaneFox

LaneFox

It looks great but it's clearly a hearthstone mega-clone. Not just a normal clone, virtually a total rip-off. The buttons wobble the same, the board is the same, the art is the same, the interactions with the board are the same, everything is in the same places, etc.

I wouldn't accept this to the store either, even though its really nice to look at this isn't really something that you want to see in a few dozen games on the app store that points back to Unity.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  7. LaneFox

LaneFox

Some of these I agree shouldn't be on the store, others I think are fine. That's just my opinion.

I think the main issue is still that this is art only and it looks practically identical to hearthstone, so much so that it could be a copyright issue. CCG, Fighter and Tower Defense and MOBA games are genres of games with semi-standard elements in how they play and generally operate. The CCG template, for example, is clearly not a Hearthstone art clone and offers a basis for creating your own CCG game with the included code. Those mobile game templates like 'aa' and 'ab' in my opinion are low effort garbage that shouldn't be on the store. There's plenty of threads where other templates like this were rejected from the store and unfortunately the team is not always consistent with their standards.

You'd very likely get your asset on the store if you had made more generically usable, unique art package that was inspired by the style of Hearthstone rather than literally cloning the entire art package of one specific game. You're clearly capable of making fantastic art, but in my opinion you've misused that talent by focusing on cloning one game in particular.

neoshaman and theANMATOR2b like this.
  8. neoshaman

neoshaman

Change teh style of teh artwork and resubmit, for example go for a scify theme and let's see