Search Unity

Car Setup for PlayMaker [ PC, Mobile - AI ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by 600, Dec 18, 2014.

?

Is it ok to remove the old asset pack for Unity 4 from Asset Store this August?

Poll closed Nov 7, 2019.
  1. - Yes - Will use updated Unity 5 version only

17 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. - No - Keep the old Unity 4.3 version asset (not updated)

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. 600

2. 600

3. MorpheusXI

MorpheusXI

Is this compatible with Unity 2017 or 2018, if not is there any plans to make it so?

4. 600

Hello,
    Works with 2017 and the 2018 version is pending for Unity review, it also include minor camera bug.

ATeam_Production likes this.
  5. mrtux007

mrtux007

I just bought this asset. Unfortunatly i get so many errors. First of them:
    Assets/CarSetupForPlaymaker_v1.4.2/PlayMaker Utils/Wizards/LinkerWizard/LinkerData.cs(18,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PlayMaker' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

next:
    Assets/CarSetupForPlaymaker_v1.4.2/PlayMaker Custom Actions/__internal/FsmStateActionAdvanced.cs(8,49): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

...and so on. :(

Im using Unity 2018.2.14f1 and Playmaker 1.9.0.

Can you please help me? Thanks!

Same on Unity 2017.4.16f1.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  6. 600

Hello, error show missing Playmaker,
    after importing Playmaker, go to folder Assets/Playmaker/Editor/Install and doubleclick the Playmaker package.

7. mrtux007

mrtux007

Oh, thanks. I got it up and running in Unity 2018.1.0. Its a great asset, thanks! Also, thx for your reply!

8. 600

ATeam_Production and nukeD like this.
  9. siumanchun

siumanchun

Hi ! 600
    Please Add !
    1. Photon PUN 2 realtime multiplayer support !
    2. AT and MT Switch !

Thank You !

10. 600

- Price lowered by $5
    - Compatibility update for Unity 2019.4+ with .NET4x and Playmaker 1.9.2+

>> Link to Asset Store

nukeD likes this.
  11. dhondon

dhondon

I get a error message on the AI cars. And their wheels bounce around when I start the scene. Any idea whats wrong? I use Unity 2019.428f1 and the newest version of Playmaker.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Missing Collider in wheelhit data
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)
    3. HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.GetWheelColliderGroundHitProperties:DoGetGroundHit () (at Assets/CarSetupForPlaymaker_v1.4.2/PlayMaker Custom Actions/Physics/GetWheelColliderGroundHitProperties.cs:105)
    4. HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.GetWheelColliderGroundHitProperties:OnEnter () (at Assets/CarSetupForPlaymaker_v1.4.2/PlayMaker Custom Actions/Physics/GetWheelColliderGroundHitProperties.cs:75)
    5. HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:ActivateActions (int) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:222)
    6. HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:OnEnter () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:192)
    7. HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:EnterState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:3072)
    8. HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:SwitchState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:3011)
    9. HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateStateChanges () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2944)
    10. HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:3088)
    11. HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Update () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2231)
    12. PlayMakerFSM:Update () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:624)

12. 600

Thanks for letting me know. These are warnings not errors and just checked Ground hit properties action is working as expected, it must be due to Playmaker updates, will let the action author know about this if it can be updated. However yellow warnings will not stop you to export build and should not impact gameplay.

13. holo69

holo69

hello,
    I bought your asset today.
    I followed your Install Instruction
    #1 - create a new 3d project in Unity
    #2 - open Asset store inside Unity (Window>Asset Store)
    #3 - import Car Setup asset
    #4 - import PlayMaker
    #5 - install PlayMaker manually from folder Assets/Playmaker/Editor/Install, double click on Playmaker package

Unfortunately, I can't use it because of serious errors.
    I hope that the problem can be solved quickly
    best regards

Attached is the screenshot with the Problems

Attached Files:

14. holo69

holo69

Here is the Solution. It works now!

—————————
    Hello,

Thank you purchase and contacting me.
    It seems there is already another IntSubtract action in default Playmaker folders, can you try locate it and delete, but important to leave the one that came with CarSetup asset else it may break their reference in FSMs.
    Regards,
    Nils

600 likes this.
  15. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

Hello, did anyone implement character controller too? To exit and enter the car?

16. Piankhi

Piankhi

Hello.

Resolved:
    I have a problem with your asset.
    I install as indicate; your asset then playmaker, I erase the int subtract once, then once otherwise playmaker does not launch the installation window.

At this point I no longer have a fatal error but when I launch the stand alone demo I therefore have 471 warning messages.
    These warnings concern missing scripts such as coin, gaswarning, choose car menu (can't select nothing and do nothing) everything concerning canvas, everything concerning control touch... in short, all fsm are missing.
    No icon fsm are present in the Gameobjects. No script inside.
    (just only 3 fsm for camera controller, inside, side !)

( Any idea why? Where have the fsms gone? )

Find this problem.

With playmaker 1.9.6 all Fsm are missing.
    With 1.9.5 i don't have this problem
    but some actions (13) are obsolete like this one:Ugui (9) or DrawLine(4)

Assets\CarSetupForPlaymaker_v1.4.2\PlayMaker uGui\Editor\PlayMakerUGuiDropEventsProxyInspector.cs(17,3): warning CS0618: 'SerializedObject.UpdateIfDirtyOrScript()' is obsolete: 'UpdateIfDirtyOrScript has been deprecated. Use UpdateIfRequiredOrScript instead.'

Assets\CarSetupForPlaymaker_v1.4.2\PlayMaker Custom Actions\DrawLine.cs(136,5): warning CS0618: 'LineRenderer.SetWidth(float, float)' is obsolete: 'Use startWidth, endWidth or widthCurve instead.'

Re edit:

it's seem do not make problem; but needed to delete some custom action; raycast2 and 3 others. And the int subtract action.

So the asset works.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    600 likes this.
  17. 600

- Compatibility update for Unity 2022.3+ and Playmaker 1.9.7+

>> Link to Asset Store

Update v1.4.3
    - Create new project
    - Import and install Playmaker
    - Import Car Setup for Playmaker

18. alexsecl

alexsecl

Hi,
    I want to buy your asset to add to my project, which I want to do exclusively on playmaker. So there are a few questions.
    1. Is your asset completely made in playmaker or is there partially C# code present?
    2. Are all actions taken only from playmaker? Or are additional actions added from Ecosystem Brower? I've heard that added actions can work with errors. Or is this not the case?
    3. I have a first person character control done with playmaker. Is it possible to realize the boarding of a car using playmaker?

19. 600

Hi,
    Be sure to make a new project when downloading this asset, it needs some imported tags and layers, so importing to existing project may break things. Import in new project, see how it works and then only move needed features to your custom project.

1. The asset logic is completely made with Playmaker.
    2. It uses also custom actions from Ecosystem. Usually there are no error, but it may depend on specific action (out of date or for other platforms).
    3. It is possible to make the getting in/out of vehicle, but is has to be custom made and is not a feature in the Car Setup asset.