Search Unity

Car Setup for PlayMaker [ PC, Mobile - AI ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by 600, Dec 18, 2014.

?

Is it ok to remove the old asset pack for Unity 4 from Asset Store this August?

Poll closed Nov 7, 2019.
  1. - Yes - Will use updated Unity 5 version only

17 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. - No - Keep the old Unity 4.3 version asset (not updated)

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. AlenBrk

AlenBrk

Hi, the Car setup looks nice!
    Just a quick question, I am not using playmaker..
    Is it possible to use it also without playmaker? I mean the scripts are assessable etc.. ?

Thx.
    -Alen

2. 600

Hi, unfortunatelly not, all "scripts" are Playmaker FSMs.
    Without Playmaker, there will be no functions, just 3d models for cars, environment etc.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  3. AlenBrk

AlenBrk

:( Ahh.. thank you for the info.

4. 600

Hello world!

Inspired by discussion with nukeD moto RKD dash,
    made a test how to adjust CarSetup physics to be more arcade/drift style.

Youtube Link

If you wan’t to test it out, contact me on support email - will share info of what got changed.

5. 600

Meanwhile… working on a bike setup and here is the very first test drive!
    Experimenting with physics concepts. Lots of work ahead - Yes! :D

Youtube Link

Planned as separate asset.

hopeful likes this.
  6. 600

Hello World! Celebrating Car Setup asset’s 1st year on Asset Store,
    I will give away 2 free copies here on forums.

The first voucher will go to the first reply after this message!
    The second voucher will be played later in about 6 hours!​

7. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

Would appreciate a chance to check this out. Thank you.

8. 600

Hi, sending you a forum message! :)

9. 600

Next reply gets the second free voucher!

10. radimoto

radimoto

Im interested in checking it out.. Cheers!

11. 600

Cool! Contacting you in forum messages.

12. pixelvspixel

pixelvspixel

Hey just picked up both of your assets in the store, everything looks pretty great, but I'm curious what kind of performance others are getting in the editor. If I make a build, everything plays back at a decent fps, but in editor I'm constantly hitting 18-22fps on such a simple scene.

My machine shouldn't be the problem at all 980 for the graphics card, fairly recent build. My hope was to use the project for a VR setup, but if this the fps that you get in editor, then doing test just isn't going to work.

I've been using Unity 5.3 and the latest beta of PlayMaker 1.8 something that is supposed to be compatible with 5.3? Would love to hear other's experiences.

Thanks!

13. 600

Hello @pixelvspixel,

thank you for the purchase!
    May I ask more details about your experiments:
    - what is the target build,
    - the scene you refer (Car Demo or Traffic),
    - how many AI are there active at the same time,
    - are you using pooling for traffic?

The editor is not accurate on fps, especially if you select an object in hierarchy at runtime.
    About Playmaker 1.8 beta, yes you did it correct, must use this version for Unity 5.3.

14. pixelvspixel

pixelvspixel

Ah, thanks for the reply. Let me clarify those bullets and add a little more info.

- So I'm focusing on a Windows Desktop build
    - I'm working on just the Car Demo
    - I'm not using any AI at the moment, in fact I stripped out most of the scene elements for good messure
    - I don't believe I'm pooling for traffic unless I've missed a checkbox somewhere

Now, I did just test again in case I had been sloppy before and I don't have anything selected. (I don't, same results.) But I did do some reading and was looking at the console, it is getting spammed with red flags constantly. I've read that this is the usual cause of editor slowdown and fine fps on build. This is what I'm getting:

Missing Collider in wheelhit data
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object) x4
    aabb .IsFinite
    IsFinite (d)
    IsFinite(outDistanceForSort)
    IsFinite(outDistanceAlongView)

And the IsFinite errors just keep rolling the entire time. So I'm sure this is where the FPS loss is coming from. All of this is in a fresh scene with Playmaker installed first and then the Car Kit. I turned off the car selection UI and made Car 3 the child of the CarController. That is the extent of the modification I've made to scene "CarDemo_Standalone"

Thanks again!

15. 600

Will check it out and get back to you asap.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  16. 600

I did the same steps and could not replicate this, I have seen error like this from other user, but got resolved I think, sent a message to the user about it.

However there is another weird error popping out in Playmaker 1.8 beta,
    about missing variable (uGUI_Group_g), but indeed that variable don’t exist. To fix the state please check the post attachment, after this the error will pop out anyway, but no harm to the project until I find a fix or if its a PM bug, will let them know.

MissingVarErr.png

SteerFix_bug-01.jpg

17. pixelvspixel

pixelvspixel

Thanks for looking into this. It is probably helpful to paste the console printout on the missing collider error.

Missing Collider in wheelhit data
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.GetWheelColliderGroundHitProperties:DoGetGroundHit() (at Assets/CarSetupForPlaymaker_v1.4/PlayMaker Custom Actions/Physics/GetWheelColliderGroundHitProperties.cs:105)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.GetWheelColliderGroundHitProperties:OnEnter() (at Assets/CarSetupForPlaymaker_v1.4/PlayMaker Custom Actions/Physics/GetWheelColliderGroundHitProperties.cs:75)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:ActivateActions(Int32) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:200)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:OnEnter() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:168)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:EnterState(FsmState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2155)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:SwitchState(FsmState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2113)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateStateChanges() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2041)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Start() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1356)
    PlayMakerFSM:Start() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:400)

I'm going to do some hunting today, I do see right off the bat it is looking for c:/Users/Alex/

18. 600

Hello,

had some test with Unity 5.3.1 and Playmaker 1.7.8.4 (1.8.0 beta 39) from the Asset Store.

Errors with aabb or AABB showed up and the cause is Template: Trails_Terrain.
    I could not get the same errors as yours for WheelGroundHit.

Here are some findings:

- after the Car pack import, global events where broken (turned local), please see this post attachment for the list of globals, so you can mark them back.

- “aabb” errors, if you don’t use terrain, can turn off FSMs for terrain trails.
    If you use terrain, for now I got it to not to spam errors all the time, only once on first contact. SetPreperty needs to be replaced by Particle System Play/Pause - actions available on the Ecosystem.

Let me know if you have other errors,
    please provide Unity and Playmaker versions with your findings, thanks!

Attached Files:

hopeful likes this.
  19. mobgato

mobgato

Hello !

I checked asset page and youtube videos.

What feature what I want is, In a open city , Player Car will run on streets. Enemy Car AI should chase Player and try to hit him.

Is this possible?

Thank You

20. 600

Hello,

Yes it is possible with an edit for AI waypoint FSM. AI could check player distance and if it is close, change target waypoint to Player. When player escapes, AI could follow waypoints again.
    Depends how complex your track/city streets are, maybe can do it without waypoints so AI just drives straight to a Player avoiding obstacles.

mobgato likes this.
  21. 600

Hello!

A preview of upcoming update for camera collisions, going for the review soon!
    For Camera 360 and Smooth Follow types.

hopeful likes this.
  22. 600

23. 600

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    hopeful likes this.
  24. 600

v1.4.2 is a live
    + uploaded a package for Unity 5.3.3 to cover the newest version and Playmaker Beta too.

Demos:
    - Webplayer
    - Standalone (Pc, Mac, Linux)
    - Android (.apk file, ~25 mb)

Link to Asset Store

Release notes - Update v1.4.2 (Unity 5 only):
    - Touch Steering wheel fix (returns straight after release)(CONTROLS prefab)
    - Mobile Scene update
    - ReadMe update about Mobile settings

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    hopeful likes this.
  25. 600

Unity 5.3.4 tested
    and a reminder to use Playmaker 1.8 Beta with this Unity version (5.3+).
    To install it - import Playmaker, open Welcome Screen and choose latest beta.

Drive safe ;)

26. 600

Hi guys,
    A quick reminder about the tutorial I made how to setup a new car with the asset, step by step using the Blank prefab included in the pack.

Youtube Link

No audio so you can continue to listen to your favourite music ;)

27. wdwitte

wdwitte

Hello,
    Thinking of buying this asset. But is there a option in the asset or a (playmaker) tut how to make a character go into and out of the car? Changing the UI controller and back. Doesn't have to be fancy with open doors.
    I am using a touch control with two joysticks for the character walking. I like to use this asset to make jt possible to drive a car with de mobile ui(is this touch supporting?) and than get out of the car and get back to the touch control.

Thanks!
    Wouter

28. 600

Hello,

This asset is mobile supported.

The Get in/out the car option is not built in to the CarSetup asset, have not seen any tuts. This asset’s setup is pretty modular and it is possible to make such system. When the character is active, car’s Drive, Steering and some other FSM are off including the UI, when the player “enters” the car those FSM are turned on with UI also and character disabled+hidden.

This is not a tutorial, but here is a video showing work in process of my game’s system. At the moment I will not make it available for this asset, but I can share some tips on what to activate/deactivate by contacting on my support email.

Thank you for the interest, let me know if you have further questions.

29. 600

A quick note:

Now PlayMaker 1.8.1 have Vector2, Quaternion and Trigonometry actions included by default, importing the Car Setup asset uncheck the following actions (found in a folder PlaymakerCustomActions):

- SmoothLookAt2d.cs
    - GetAtan2FromVector2.cs
    - GetVector2XY.cs
    - Vector2RotateTowards.cs

I am currently working on a new package to upload to the Asset Store to fix this and it will be reviewed by Unity in about next weeks time.

hopeful likes this.
  30. hopeful

hopeful

@600 - Thank you for staying on top of things! :)

600 likes this.
  31. csabbah

csabbah

Hi! Let me start off by saying what an amazing asset this is! Honestly, smoothest gameplay and smoothest touch control on the asset store for this class! I only have one minor issue!

On unity, i have it setup to a blank scene with the car and the a blank road and it runs perfectly with the Mobile touchscreen version!

Now when i build it and uploaded it to my iphone, everything works except for one thing, the car doesnt drive?
    It creates smoke all around the tires as if its moving and re spawns the car.
    During this i cannot drive nor brake or reverse, but i can press every other button and it works fine!

Can you please tell me what im doing wrong and what i need to change!
    Thank you!

Carlos

32. 600

Hello,

So does the scene work in the editor with all the touch system, but not when built on iOS? Might be SetProperty scripts stripped, have you checked the steps for publishing with iOS (link.xml)?

Let me know how it goes for you, contact me any moment.

33. csabbah

csabbah

Hi 600!
    I'm still working on it, i tried many different build settings when testing it but so far still nothing!
    I'm gonna start changing some settings on xcode but ill keep you updated!
    If you have any tips so far that can help please let me know!
    I really want it to work perfect!

Thank you!

34. csabbah

csabbah

Also i've tested out the settings your link told me to and still nothing, in fact, turning on symlink libraries made it not work at all, i'm still trying things out but still not luck!

35. 600

What Unity and Playmaker versions are you using? I will try to replicate.

36. csabbah

csabbah

This is the only thing i see, in xcode its giving this error
    "(Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)"

Attached Files:

37. 600

Maybe this is related?

38. csabbah

csabbah

I am using version 5.3.4F1 personal and im using playmaker version 1.8.1

39. csabbah

csabbah

I know i tried changing it to Mono and Arm7 for architecture and it gives me ALOT of errors on xcode and doesnt even let me download it on my phone.
    When i swtich it over to IIL2cp, i mean i get that error with the car not moving but the game itself works on xcode and everything else works except for drive, brake and reverse

40. csabbah

csabbah

You know what, i think this is the issue here. When i start the game on unity it gives me this Wheel collider error saying its missing and it kinda makes sense when i play it on the iphone because the wheels dont move, just a thought?

Attached Files:

41. 600

No this Warning is harmless, it happens on the start up when a car is created in the air.

I think the problem is with SetProperty actions, they get stripped.

42. csabbah

csabbah

I just did what that link told me to do about the il2cpp that you sent me, and apperently IPHONE wasnt on the list!
    So right now im building the game again on xcode and ill let you know what happens!

43. csabbah

csabbah

Also for the stripping, it cant be it because i removed strip engine code from the build settings!

44. 600

Did you use the Linker?

45. csabbah

csabbah

No i did not, i didnt even see this but ill check it out now!

46. csabbah

csabbah

My Playmaker Ecosystem that lets me download linker wizard isnt working at all at the moment, apparently something with the server? But any other idea why the game doesnt allow me to drive? Are you sure its nothing to do with the missing wheel collider data?

47. csabbah

csabbah

yeah never mind its not the wheel collider youre right i tried everything for it, i still cant get the game to work properly on my phone

48. 600

Hi, yes Ecosystem is experiencing disconnections with the server, but just spam the search button and it will work.
    Im pretty sure its the SetProperty issue, the fix is the Linker. When you have it be sure to do it like in the video, you have to press all the inputs to Gas/Brake/Reverse so it can register those actions.

49. csabbah

csabbah

IT WORKS PERFECT!! It was the SetProperty that was the issue! Thank you very much, i appreciate it so much!
    Im gonna put it in such good review! You're the kind of publisher everyone publisher needs to be like!

hopeful and 600 like this.
  50. 600

Great to hear you got it working! :)