Search Unity

Car Paint Shaders Asset - 2.0 LIVE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by beffio, Aug 13, 2014.

1. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

The shader don't look that well on a low poly (30.000 polygons) model. How can I increase the quality on such 3d model?

2. beffio

beffio

Hi there,

I think your count of polygons is enough to make that shader look nice. It more depends how many hard edges you have on you car. All shaders that are using cubemaps, maps for light or refelction - create some kind of fake. They will always look best on smooth shapes. But it also works similar on physical based lights - best grandient light and smooth light work best with smooth shapes. You can even have a 50 poly sphere and it will look nice but for example if you will but that on cube it will not look so amazing.

Send me on PM some screens or more information about your model I will try to give you some tips how to improve that.

Best regards,
    Tom

3. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

I rearranged Smoothing Groups and even though I now have a 15k poly model, it's perfect. Thanks for the tips.

4. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Some quick questions, does the advanced shader offer bumpmap support for the paint texture itself? A decal shader with bmap would be nice as well with a transparency value for adjusting dirt and scratch maps.

5. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

Hi beffio, I sent a pm to you about the asset . Can you take a look please. Thanks

6. beffio

beffio

Hi there, at the moment shaders doesn't support bumpmapping. Regarding to transparency Im uploading at the moment new update with texture support with possibility to add an texture with alpha so you can have for example only dirt.

7. beffio

beffio

Hi there,

I want to inform you guys update 1.4 is Live on the Asset Store.

Release Notes:
    • Added Texture slots for all shaders with alpha channel. Now you can Add custom tilable texture into your Car or create dirt layer with alpha mask
    • Added two custom textures carbon fieber and dots pattern all tilable
    • Created two custom Materials as an example of carbon paint material and dot paint material
    Screenshoots below:

hopeful likes this.
  8. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

Hi again,

I use the advanced shader , but it looks darker compared to the general scene. How can I make brighter? Which part should I change to make it receive more light from the shader itself?

9. ev3d

ev3d

Can you apply Logos, graphics etc? if so i would buy this today! One texture with transparency for the car paint (so you can change the color without changing textures) and the ability to have a logo, graphic, vinyl etc.. Does it support this? if not, any timeframe?

10. beffio

beffio

Hi there,

check this Tutorial or Documentation.

But try to compare it to our created materials. You need to have all texture like light texture and cubemap then try to maniuplate reflection strength and Paint Color (white values).

In latest update we made an possibility to add textures with alpha so if your model is corecctly unwrapped you can add for example some logo or vinyl - but only one texture there is no more slots.

Cheers,
    Tom

11. Juggernaught

Juggernaught

12. beffio

beffio

Thanks, really nice stuff out there! Wish you best with your games.

PS. Could you rate and write review our asset on the Asset Store : Car Paint Shaders Asset

Thanks,
    Tom

13. beffio

beffio

Hi there,

We have added Shaders Support for Unity 5 ! If you had any issues now it should work correctly.

Cheers,
    Tom

14. mojtaba64

mojtaba64

I want to move the cube map depend on my car speed. Does this shader support this?
    I want to do it on mobile platfrom.

Thanks

15. mojtaba64

mojtaba64

Something is wrong!
    Why Paint Color Changes Texture Color?!
    I purchased this asset only for this feature, to change body color without changing the texture (vinyl for example) color, but it doesn't work :(

Alpha channel doesn't work. There is no different between paint color and texture color.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  16. beffio

beffio

Hi there at the moment we do not support this feature. Thanks!

Hi there, I check this and you are right we didn't suppose that someone will need this feature. I will try to make an update soon with that feature. As an re-compensation I can give you free voucher for one of our assets. LINK PM me with your decision.

17. DeveloperRLA

DeveloperRLA

Hi, I was looking at the documentation and was wondering if this shader supports normal maps and occlusion maps? I didn't see an input for them in the image. Thanks a lot.

18. beffio

beffio

Hi there,

Our Advanced Shader is not affected by light. Light is created from texture and all highlights are achieved using that technique. So if object is not affected by light -normal map is usless. Thats why there is no any slot for normal maps. We want to create shader that is really fast - but we know that if we want to have an shader that only creates lights from texture we cannot have real-time lights affection.

Thanks,
    Tom Lassota

19. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Does that mean this shader will never get bump map support because I bought this in the hopes you would one day update it with that feature? It's kind of worthless to me if that's the case and judging from your earlier response to me it was a feature that wasn't supported yet but coming soon. Sorry if I'm jumping the gun here, but your post above kind of confuses me as to saying it will never get bump map support for speed and lighting reasons.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  20. beffio

beffio

Thanks for your stand!

No it not mean that this shader will never get bump map. In near future I will definitely add a normal map support to Simple Shader because it work's with physical light. In future we will try to rewrite our Advanced Shader to Unity5 and add to that shader support to normal/bump maps and maybe some other cool features.

Cheers

UnleadedGames likes this.
  21. Meceka

Meceka

Hello, when will simple shader support flakes?

22. beffio

beffio

Yes we are planning to add this feature.

23. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Thank you much for your reply! I sincerely apologize for jumping to conclusions. I should have asked you privately.

24. A1taIR

A1taIR

Hello!
    What about Unity 5 support?

25. A1taIR

A1taIR

Here how the CarScene looks in Unity5 RC3

Looks like you need to update the post-effects.
    Particulary, DoF and Glow does not work properly. Here is how the DoF visualize looks like:

26. A1taIR

A1taIR

Here is the difference between Unity 4.6 and Unity 5 RC3 now

27. beffio

beffio

Hi there,

Thanks for feedback!

Yes we know that issues we are planning to upgrade our asset for Unity5 soon. Regarding to image effects Unity has change scripts for Image Effects so if you would like to wfix them just deleted standard packages and re upload them again. But as I said before this will be fix in next released.

Regarding to the reflection bug I will look into it. Also this texture "bug" is actually not a bug just change aniso level in the texture settings. It something more like level of quality for textures. It should work correctly.

Thanks!

PS: As a bonus: We really like new Unity5 we are going to create new materials and new scene using Physical Based Shaders and Global Illumination. So stay tuned!

hopeful and UnleadedGames like this.
  28. blamejane

blamejane

I'm very interested in this shader asset...

Any idea when diffuse map support will be available? Also, same question for decals?

Edit: I didn't see page 2 of the comments, and now I see you have some limited texture support. This is a great start, though I need both decal and diffuse map at the same time. Still this is a great start. Will definitely be considering this asset.

Any chance you'll be offering a coupon for a discount or a sale?

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  29. blamejane

blamejane

I'm ready to purchase, I just want to confirm it works with Unity5. Please let me know so I can purchase with confidence. Thanks

30. beffio

beffio

Hi there,

Shaders right now works with Unity5. But there is a problem with image effects so there is possibility that you will have to reimport standard image effects (that is an issue with Unity4->Unity5 new standard packages). There is a diffuse map support.

I don't have at the moment any information about sales.

Regarding to updates - few days ago we made a lot of improvements to shaders and right now I'm collection all together in Unity5. So in 7-10 days there will be a huge updade. Added a decals for shaders, added a flakes to simple shader, added a normal map support to simple shader. Added a new scene with new Unity5 Lighting system with GI and much more. This as I said will come soon.

All updates are included in standard package.

hopeful and UnleadedGames like this.
  31. blamejane

blamejane

Awesome support, thanks for getting back with me. I'm very excited about the major updates you're making, and will go ahead and purchase now; since you say these will be included when you're finished.

32. blamejane

blamejane

The Car Asset is awesome. I have two questions...

1. My app allows users to change the diffuse color of their car. Since applying the simplified car asset shader (BluePaint for example) the following no longer works to change the diffuse color:

truckMaterial.color = swatch.color;

Note: This is an integral part of my app, so I was wondering if you had a suggestion for getting this to work with your asset.

EDIT: #2 below is solved with a mesh collider (I think).

2. When I add the prefab blueGlow and redGlow effects to my vehicle, you can see the glowing lights through my car model. I tried putting a 5-sided cube surrounding one of the glow effects, but I can still see it through the back side of the cube. I'm a unity newbie, so I'm not sure how to fix this. When I look at your sample car scene, I only see the lights when the camera is rotated around to that part of the car.

Anyway, thanks again.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  33. wana7262

wana7262

Just bought this amazing package...Everything works perfect on Mobile (Android) Devices..!!!! but i got little problem with Camera Rotate Script.. script works fine inside editor, but on mobile not working well.. like when i touch the screen camera immediately rotate to the touch position..!!! how can i resolve it...!!! sorry am noob in C# Help please

34. wana7262

wana7262

hey you can use truckMaterial.SetColor("_DiffuseColor", swatch.color);

i already edited my all scripts like this

35. blamejane

blamejane

Thanks that's great. Also on question #2 I think I'm just supposed to use a mesh collider. When I disabled the mesh collider on the sample car, the lights shown through the vehicle.

36. blamejane

blamejane

I'm having the same problem, and would love to see this work as this is such a nice smooth camera scripts; although useless on the iPhone as it is.

37. hopeful

hopeful

If you're talking about light flares, I think the idea is that flares are only blocked / culled by colliders. So it's not something specific about the mesh collider; any collider would do.

38. beffio

beffio

Hi there,

1. Try to use wana7262 method to add truckMaterial.SetColor("_DiffuseColor", swatch.color);. I hope this resolve your problem.
    2. Yes as someone said before use colliders. Lens Flares are blocked by Colliders. A Collider in-between the Flare GameObject and the Camera will hide the Flare, even if the Collider does not have a Mesh Renderer.

Thanks!

Yes I know that I will try to fix that in next release but our purpose of that camera rotate script was only for PC's and it's really basic script for camera rotation. If you are looking for something that will work on all platforms try to use and basically is more advanced try I recommend to use Finger Gestures.

Thanks. If you will have more question don't hestitate to ask!

Cheers,
    Tom Lassota

39. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Hi, looks great.

do you have any shader solution for a diffuse shadow under a vehicle itself, that fits the ground shape as well?
    In your scene you are mirroring the model to get the reflection behavior on glass, I guess.

Thanks and kind regards.

40. beffio

beffio

Hi there,

Yes in this our asset we made "baked" shadow under the car so it's perfectly matched with car model(I think it should work with other sedan cars too). You can tweak transparent on alpha channel. Reflection is another thing you can tweak reflection and shadow as a separated objects. As I said before at the moment we are working on new update you will be able to fake reflections using reflection probes.

Cheers

41. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

For sure the car should move in a 3D environmental game. I do not want to create a alpha transparent plane near over the ground. Or do you mean another transparent on alpha solution?

42. blamejane

blamejane

Thanks for the support Tom. Regarding the camera script, I think the problem lies in that the script is responding to both finger gestures AND mouse.down; basically multiple inputs causing weird behavior. I'm not sure as I haven't taken a look at it yet, just thought I'd throw that out there.

43. beffio

beffio

I mean another transparent on alpha solution (it's made this way at the moment in sample scene). Or maybe we are talking about different things.Or maybe I misinterprets what exactly you want to achieve with that shadow. Could you explain it more detailed or give me some example :).

Great! If you will find a way how to fix it I will be really grateful if you will share with me some solution :).

Cheers

44. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Here you see 2 shadows, the outside shadow comes from the Directional Main light, but I mean the diffuse shadow directly under the car itself. Its a lot darker and smoother than the shadow comes from the Directional Main Light.

Untitled-1.jpg

45. beffio

beffio

Yes Now I know what you are talking about. You can control this shadow via material like on gif below:

46. blamejane

blamejane

Any estimate or timeframe for the release of this huge update?

47. beffio

beffio

Hi there,

We thought that we are almost done. At the moment We have some big issues with Unity5 Integrating (It's not so easy as we thought) new Image Effects Like Depth of Field has been rewritten from scratch and we try to integrate out shaders with them. . Also We try to fix flickering bug in Unit and make that everything will work smoothly.

I will try to make this asset live as fast as possible. We want to fix all issues. We don't want to release buggy version. Thanks for your patient!

PS:

I've some sneak peak screenshot what we are working on! Enjoy!

DCrosby, hakankaraduman and hopeful like this.
  48. DCrosby

DCrosby

Are the Chromatic Aboritions on the Headlight Beams part of the new setup ?

Also I'm working with the Car Paint Opaque shader, and the old Cubemap Generation plugin doesn't work with Unity 5, so it's not really possible for me to do an easy workaround to generate proper reflections for the environment. Is there a way to get an update of that shader (Beta)? That uses Environment Probes ? I'll be happy to provide an invoice number via message.

49. blamejane

blamejane

I think the biggest feature I'd like to see implemented would be the ability to have diffuse map AND decal support in one shader. Hopefully you guys have this on your "to do" list. Looking forward to the update!

50. DCrosby

DCrosby

So tomorrow it will have been a month since the last update, can you estimate when you plan on rolling out a partial or complete build ?