Search Unity

Car Paint Shader PRO [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by reddotgames, Nov 19, 2012.

1. reddotgames

reddotgames

In link you posted problem with mobile shader and here is thread of desktop shader. Anyway did you find solution?

2. Metron

Metron

Hi, no... no solution found... I submitted a bug report to Unity.

3. charans

charans

HI Team

I purchased the plugin for unity3d ,my scene needs the sunlight to come inside the car & i am using car glass shader ,But the shader doesn't allow sunlight or infant any other light to pass through when shadows are turned on, can you team look into that?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  4. reddotgames

reddotgames

Let me check that charans

5. reddotgames

reddotgames

OK Ive check and all is working like it suppose to work. Take a look :
    glass.jpg

6. huxley

huxley

I've begun a new project and imported Car Paint Pro, then changed settings to DirectX 11 built target. When I do this, none of the cubemapping or advanced features are seen in any of the shaders. Can you confirm that these shaders are working with Unity 4.5.3f3?

7. reddotgames

reddotgames

huxley you need to unpack DX11 Shaders.zip from Shaders directory (also mentioned in readme) or wait for next release when I will make all shaders working on both DX9 and DX11 (within 1-2 weeks)

8. huxley

huxley

Hi RedDot. Thanks for the clarification. For some reason, when I add Car Paint Advanced DX11, Unity crashes. It could be a conflict with another shader in my scene, because the crash only occurs when I drag a GameObject with your shader assigned to the Project hierarchy. I've scanned over the log files to find any major culprits, but can only find this minor error.

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'RedDotGames/Car Paint Advanced' - Pass '' shader state not supported
    System memory in use before: 206.7 MB.
    Unloading 296 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)
    System memory in use after: 148.0 MB.

Great that you're updating the library as these shaders are the most optimized and useful I've found.

9. JonnyHilly

JonnyHilly

Hi I tried adding "mobile car paint advanced" shaders to my game, looks great in Editor (unity pro 4.5.2f1 iOS) but on a device (iphone5, ipad3 iOS7) , the cars are invisible wherever your shader is applied)
    any recent issues that need fixing ? or anything I need to be aware of ?

10. reddotgames

reddotgames

You asking about mobile version right? Cause this thread is about desktop one.

11. reddotgames

reddotgames

Soon I will push new updated version with uncompiled shaders so they should work on DX11 without any problems.

12. JonnyHilly

JonnyHilly

Yes mobile, Sorry, I'll move over to the other thread

13. huxley

huxley

That's great news RedDot. Thanks for the info, I'll look for that DX11 Update when it comes online.

14. Zubba

Zubba

Well. I can see you have manage to get great results here. However if using models based on normal maps for displaying doors etc this is not useful in a dx11 project, as theres so few dx11 shaders in the package and they have no normal maps.

15. GameReady3D

GameReady3D

Are you planning to update the shaders for Unity 5?

16. rainisto

rainisto

Hi, I'm having a curious problem with cubemap reflections sometimes disappearing when the car is in a certain angle and sufficiently near to the camera. Has anyone else had this problem and knows of a way to get around this? It doesn't happen on the same object with standard shaders.

17. CoilSpot

CoilSpot

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017