Search Unity

Car crashing through fences

Discussion in 'Physics' started by SomerenV, Jun 13, 2018.

1. SomerenV

SomerenV

Hey all! I've got a problem that I can't seem to get fixed. I created a little wooden barricade for a car to smash through, but I don't want the car to be affected by it (at all). This is the barricade:

The car can destroy it. All parts are connected with Fixed Joints but the problem is that the car severely slows down when it hits the barricade. What's the best way to avoid this? Could it be that I approached this all wrong?

Car mass is 3 (it's how the vehicle script works, so can't really change it that much) Barricade parts mass are 0.1.

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Well, you should start by reducing the mass further. With the ratios you have between the car and the barricade, that's kind of like a car crashing into something that weighs 2-300 pounds. That's going to slow the thing down.

I assume there's no drag on the barricade? That would also slow it down.

Honestly, a car having a mass of 3 seems pretty odd to me though...

3. SomerenV

SomerenV

I'm using Randomation Vehicle Physics and the default mass is 1. Everything is handled in the script itself. But for arcade handling it's one hell of a package. I'll try and see if I can change things a bit to make it work better with a higher mass. Thanks for the reply!