Search Unity

Capturing Video From Editor

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jdeboer10, Feb 11, 2019.

1. jdeboer10

jdeboer10

Hey guys,

Just curious about some pipelines for capturing high quality footage from the editor?

Right now I'm using FRAPS and it works alright but I seem to get a lot of duplicate frames in the capture from my game.

I've used Blackmagic cards in the past, just wondering what are your guys' recommendations for capturing smooth and crispy video being ran on the editor?

2. MSplitz-PsychoK

MSplitz-PsychoK

3. jdeboer10

jdeboer10

Thanks @Gambit-MSplitz I've heard of this plugin before but most people say that it doesn't work very well at all. I will have to try it out and give you my take on it.

Do you have any experience with external solutions like BlackMagic or AjA capture gear?

4. MSplitz-PsychoK

MSplitz-PsychoK

I have not used anything aside from Unity Recorder. The one time I used it, I had to figure it out, but I got amazing 4K results. I had to make a scripted playsession where an AI performed the actions because there are a lot of framerate issues during the recording, but the output video is flawless. I've seen my peers use special hardware for recording, I'm not sure what software they use with it.

5. jdeboer10

jdeboer10

Interesting. I will have to try out Unity Recorder and see how it is. Like I said, seems to get mixed reviews but it's free so worth a shot for sure.

Cheers!