Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Capturing a "Equiretangular" image in Unity HDRP

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Nicolai_Ostergaard, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Nicolai_Ostergaard

Nicolai_Ostergaard

Hi guys

I am working with a project, where I need to capture several 360 images in Unity - preferably using Unity's HDRP pipeline!

I found a really great asset on the store : https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/camera/skybox-capture-93266#reviews

It works great, but my images gets a strange issue blending between the sides (see attached). Have any of you experienced anything similar? My guess is that is has something do with the Unitys HDRP settings. I tried disabling all my Post effects such as sky, fog, bloom, AO etc - but to no luck.

I tried to contact the creator of the plugin, but I am still waiting his answer. Have any of you experienced anything similar?

OR is there any other 360 image capturing plugins that you can recommend?

Preferably I would love to be able to use it in Unitys HDRP pipeline

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. mgear

mgear

3. SebLazyWizard

SebLazyWizard

4. OlavAketun

OlavAketun

I take it you're using bloom when rendering, and since it's being applied per cubeface rather than applied on the whole equirect image.
    You might want to create your own pipeline for the process of having post processing on the final result rather than on the camera.

Something like this:
    Render each cubeface -> store as float -> then post process (bloom, color correction, etc)
    This can be done within Unity itself, no need to save as EXR or anything, though it might help with post-post processing if you need that.

5. Nicolai_Ostergaard

Nicolai_Ostergaard

Hi guys

Thanks for taking your time to respond. I have made some progress

I went away from using the original asset from the picture I showed yesterday. Instead I am now using this: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/video/vr-panorama-360-pro-renderer-35102.

The picture can be very high res, which is great for my needs. However I am now having a very strange issue with the "Fog" completely burning out the leaves on my trees.

The leaves are a standard "HDRP Lit" shader, so its not using any fancy material types. If I turn off my fog, my trees look normal.

I have a feeling its either the Exposure on the HDRI sky or the fog settings I have to tweak. Any ideas? :)

Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

6. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

To me it's clear that the issue since the beginning is auto-exposure :
    When the plugins take the 6 captures for the 6 cubemap faces, the camera is auto-exposing the view, resulting into different exposure levels for each face.
    Try to add a volume with a fixed exposure that roughly works in all directions from your capture point, and it should work.

7. Nicolai_Ostergaard

Nicolai_Ostergaard

Hi!

Yes that fixed it! Thanks so much