Search Unity

Games CaptainToad like - puzzle / platform

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Nicolas-Liatti, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Nicolas-Liatti

Nicolas-Liatti

Hi all,

I've been working on this new projects for a few weeks.
    As the title says, it's inspired from Captain Toad on Wii U, as I always thought it would fit well on mobile.

Better than words, here is a video of a level to show the concept.

2. Sluggy

Sluggy

Always great to see actual videos and demos! For those of us not familiar with Captain Toad, maybe you could describe what the gameplay will be like. So far it looks like it's going to be a puzzle-platformer of sorts?

I like the clean and simply look and I like the way you've solved how to see the player when they are occluded. One thing of note, even in this low-res video I could see the seams between the grey cubes you use for ground.

3. frankslater

frankslater

+1 Sluggy's comment.
    Looks like it's going to be a nice little game.

4. Nicolas-Liatti

Nicolas-Liatti

The gameplay is pretty simple: the character cannot jump, and he needs to gather 5 stars in each level. Each star is like a small puzzle as you have to rotate the camera in order to find the right way to access it.

Regarding the seem they indeed still happen in some areas, I may need to replace the cubes with quads at one point to solve this issue...

5. Nicolas-Liatti

Nicolas-Liatti

This week I made a new effect allowing the player to walk on spheres (or walls).
    I called it "The little prince" effect ^^

frankslater likes this.
  6. frankslater

frankslater

I like it. Done right you can add some nice diversity and juice to the game.

7. Nicolas-Liatti

Nicolas-Liatti

Hi,

Here is a new video showing the gameplay in some levels where you can work on all sides.