Search Unity

Capsule Collider "Stuck" in Maze Mesh Collider - No Perfect Collision ?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by KeepTrying, Dec 27, 2012.

1. KeepTrying

KeepTrying

Hi all, any tip on how to create mesh colliders to work inside and outside of a Maze ?

I need to put <Mesh/Line Maze> on top of <BMP Maze>

Ai/OBJ - Mesh/Line Maze = Colliders
    PSD - BMP Maze = Graphics

My character has the capsule collider and the Maze (obj) got mesh collider, when i press play the player just freeze inside the Maze :(
    Tested zillions of combinations to get this done, i need the player to walk free on that Maze.
    My Mazes are BMP based what can i get is the outlines to create the Mesh/Line colliders, but Unity don't support Adobe Illustrator (Ai)
    I can draw cubes on top of the Maze, the bad part of that: One day to create just one Maze.
    Any help will help :D

2. Ashkan_gc

Ashkan_gc

Well i have a package in asset store for procedural placement of objects in a scene at runtime/edit time. You can use the window in unity to do it your self or modify the script to read colors from bitmap and create it or ask me to do it for some money. the package is linked below and is called EZ placement. I made it to create a pacman like game's levels originally.

3. KeepTrying

KeepTrying

Already have the bitmap reader ?
    My maze use just the blue color and a white background.
    I need light wheight objects cause the game is for
    mobile devices.

4. Ashkan_gc

Ashkan_gc

then boxes are the best option after spheres in terms of being lightweight.
    just read the bitmap and instantiate objects where blue pixels are at edit/runtime
    I can code it for you for $50 or ... if u want. The package mentioned is $10 however

Cheers

5. KeepTrying

KeepTrying

I'm starting right now the proccess to purchase the package.
    Anyway, if it not solve the problem we can talk about the custom code.

6. Ashkan_gc

Ashkan_gc

fill free to ask questions here it should solve the problem.
    there is a window and also a runtime method which takes a bool 2d array and the object to create and the distance between objects and the pivot and ... which is what you want. You should just create the array using your bitmap info.

7. KeepTrying

KeepTrying

Hey Mr. Ashkan_gc you got a PayPal account ? The corp that i use to send payments, maybe dont have means to purchase inside Unity Engine.
    First of all i'll try the browser version of Unity Asset Store.

8. Ashkan_gc

Ashkan_gc

Hi yes i do
    actually i think unity asset store accept payments using paypal as well. what country you are in?

9. KeepTrying

KeepTrying

I'm from Brazil - As far as i can see, no way to purchase outside Unity Engine
    so send me your PayPal e-mail account. After you confirm the payment, just send the
    tool.unitypackage :)