Search Unity

Unity UI CanvasGroup not working in Standalone Game

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by psyop_volpe, Jun 8, 2018.

1. psyop_volpe

psyop_volpe

Hey,

We are trying to wrap up our game. We used the Unity UI system for the menu and canvas groups are being faded in out out with CanvasGroup.alpha. This works just fine in the editor but once it goes to the actual standalone game, it stops working randomly. Once the fade in and out stops working it no longer works for the rest of the game. So any assets that are hidden under a canvas group no longer becomes visible.

Has anyone run into this? I have tried Googling this issue and have not found a solution. The ones that I did find just told people to, basically, not use CanvasGroups...

Cheers,
    Charlie

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Using 2017.4 and CanvasGroup works for me. Can you reproduce this issue in a new project? Perhaps this issue is specific to your project, just a specific combination of whatever that triggers the issue.

3. psyop_volpe

psyop_volpe

I am using 5.6.6. Let me try to recreate this issue in a new project.

4. psyop_volpe

psyop_volpe

I think it has something to do with the other canvas groups being under a parent canvas group, that I am using to stop input. However, I am having a hard time recreating the exact use case in a blank project.

5. psyop_volpe

psyop_volpe

Darn, wrong about that. Because deleting the parent canvasgroup still has the issue happen. I need to investigate the issue more thoroughly.

6. Beefster

Beefster

I'm having this issue as well. I can turn alpha to 0, but I can't turn it back up after that.