Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Canvas Size Different in same Project using Collaborate

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by RhysOryon, Feb 22, 2017.

1. RhysOryon

RhysOryon

Oddball issue, maybe not even Collaborate specific. I am using Collaborate so I can work on the same project when at home or on the go, on my desktop and laptop. Everything works perfectly except, on my Laptop the Rect Transform of the Canvas is locked at pos 211.5 x 346.5 y 0.0 z with a width of 423, height of 693, on the Desktop it is 300, 450, 0 and 600 x 900 width/height. This is causing issues with my UI having to be resized depending on which computer I am working on. How do I get them to be the same? The entire Rect Transform of the Canvas is grayed out.

2. RhysOryon

RhysOryon

I created the Project on the desktop, and did not import or create a new project on the Laptop, I turned on Collaborate, opened the project, and rolled back changes so that the laptop would be in sync with the Desktop. Both are running Unity 5.5.1f1, though the project was original created in 5.5.0

3. RhysOryon

RhysOryon

A bit more toying around and I figured it out. I fundamentally did not understand where Canvas was getting its position and size information. I copied my Desktop Layout file from the unity preferences folder to my Laptops, works perfectly now. Hopefully this helps someone else who runs into a similar issue.

unity-tuesday and Ryan-Unity like this.