Search Unity

Canvas inside Canvas no longer working ?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by DTek, Jul 7, 2015.

1. DTek

DTek

I recently updated to Unity 5.1 to realize that all of my menus are no longer working, since they are canvases placed inside canvases. Is this supposed to happen ?

2. mradfo21

mradfo21

yes im seeing this too. All of my menu's stopped working. I too use canvases inside canvases at time.. perhaps that is why. im in the process of rolling back to 5.0 to check

3. mradfo21

mradfo21

okay so i rolled back to 5.0 and everything works correctly. So what changed in 5.1 ? Heres another weird thing, the raw image i use to display the game gets weirdly orange in 5.1.

there must have been some change in 5.1.

ok im going to submit a bug.

4. mradfo21

mradfo21

bug: 710438

I really hope someone can look at this. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, using the UGUI in a way it was never intended, or if something did in fact change?

i'd hate to be locked in on 5.0 for the rest of this project.

5. DTek

DTek

I've already reworked the menus, but now I have a ton of menus on the hierarchy, and adding new canvas has to be done on the main hierarchy as well, which causes even more chaos, and the layer hierarchy doesn't seem to function properly.

6. mradfo21

mradfo21

Yeah i'd like to keep working the way i was.. i really do hope this wasn't an architectural change to improve performance.