Search Unity

Unity UI Canvas' children disappear after scene change?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Kaimukas, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Kaimukas

Kaimukas

Hey!

This is my first time posting, and I've been trying to learn Unity seriously for only a couple of days, other than messing around a few years back.

I'm trying to make a menu. It was working at first, but I guess something happened along the way, and now when I click on Option button (Which used to transfer me to an Option screen) now just shows a Skybox and nothing else.

Other buttons like "Play" or "Quit" work fine. I was making a volume slider, and when I was going to test it, that's when I realized it didn't work anymore.

When I load the scene after clicking on the button, if I take a look at hierarchy, the dropdown arrow for Canvas has disappeared, and it's like the scene is empty. If I click on Play button, new scene loads and the Canvas has the dropdown with all the different panels and what not. So I was thinking that the fact that my Option Canvas goes blank is the problem.

Please help! I honestly don't know how to post here, or what info to provide, so if there's anything I can do, ask me