Search Unity

Canvas, buttons, UI and new Release 5.0.1f1 personal

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by bod, Apr 17, 2015.

1. bod

bod

Is it just me or is this new release messing up the Canvas elements for UI? I had to rebuild all the menus from scratch. After the upgrade there were no scripts attache to UI objects in panels and elements were missing from the canvas object, buttons were no longer buttons just empty game objects??? Did I miss something I should have done with this upgrade? It was all working 100% before the upgrade :(

Would like to know what happened here.

Best regards
    boyd

2. jtsmith1287

jtsmith1287

I recently upgraded to 5.0.1 and didn't see any issues with the UI. Might have been some weird obscure thing. I would have submitted a bug immediately though. Did you back up your project before upgrading? If so you could have reinstalled the older version and waited for confirmation on the bug, or just tinkered a bit and tried again since it is probably a fluke (though a bad one).

3. bod

bod

Hi JT,
    Bit of a newbe here. I rebuilt the menu system, all was 100% again and then saved the scene and closed the app. When I re-opened the application, the menus were not functioning and I had a compiler error where it looks like it can not find the cs file for basic buttons. ?? Could be an installation problem at this end... So, I installed the new 5.0.1p1 patch to see if it would fix things and Ta-Da! every thing seems 100% Thanks for the input :)

4. Kronnect

Kronnect

No issue upgrading from 4.6 to 5.0.0 and 5.0.1p2 except for the crappyblurry text when CanvasScaler is used.

5. bod

bod

Just tested the web build and the plugin crashes when the browser tries to open the file. The Win exe build is fine, just the web build failing. I sent a bug report in that the web build I did just before the update to 5.0.1p1 was fine.

6. Kronnect

Kronnect

Yes, I have that problem too! Already filled a bug also.

7. bod

bod

Turns out the 5.0.1p1 Patch does not support the web player you have to use the release version... But I'm still having bugs with ver. 5.0.1p1 it can not find the scripts for the buttons or EventSystem?? I build the menu and it works 100% I save and re-open and the scripts are gone??? Anyone else having this issue, I submitted a bug report.

MrEsquire likes this.
  8. bod

bod

Found the issue, when I upgraded I went from 4.6.3 to 5.0.1f1 and did not install 5.0.0f1. Bad mistake you have to install 5.0.0f1 first