Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't validate integration

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by any_user, Apr 21, 2015.

1. any_user

any_user

I've updated UA from 1.7.5 to 1.9 and I tried to validate the integration to check if everything still works. But nothing arrives in the validation site, in the list there are still the messages I've received while a month ago with 1.7.5. The project is already live and worked without issues in earlier versions.

To test, I changed the app id to another (new) project on the UA website, and everything worked properly. Changing back to the real app id, it doesn't work. What could be wrong with my project?

2. emiliza_gutierrez

emiliza_gutierrez

Unity Technologies

Hey @any_user

Looks like your original project reached its event limit in our Integration Validation page. I'll reset your counter, and you should be able to see new events coming in. We're working on getting these limits resolved soon. Sorry about that!

3. any_user

any_user

It still doesn't work, did you reset my counter or do you need to know which project?

I also noticed that the list is full of event which I didn't trigger myself from the editor. They're definitely not coming from me, they're all from various android devices I don't have. What could that be?

4. emiliza_gutierrez

emiliza_gutierrez

Unity Technologies

I reset your counter for projectId starting with 493... I noticed you had two projects with the same name, but I ignored the deleted one. Hope this was correct!

I'll do some investigating on our end how those events came in. Are you certain no one else in your studio/organization could've been testing on an Android build?

5. any_user

any_user

Yes, it was the right one, now I see that there were different events than when I checked the first time. But the events are from devices nobody of our team knows and they are sent with the old version of Unity Analytics (the one we have live now).

I'm not sure if I understand right how it works: Which events are exactly logged in this list? Only editor & development builds? It looks to me as if live users from release builds are visible there, is this the case? If yes, it will be very hard to find my own events.

6. emiliza_gutierrez

emiliza_gutierrez

Unity Technologies

Ah yes, usually it's just editor and development made builds. Angelo's reached out already regarding the bug about pirated build getting displayed too. We're working to get those events filtered out as well. Sorry for the confusion!