Search Unity

Question Can't use the Share Spatial Anchors example from Oculus

Discussion in 'VR' started by ShavSkelet, Feb 21, 2023.

1. ShavSkelet

ShavSkelet

I'm trying to use the Share spatial anchors provided in the oculus repository:
    https://github.com/oculus-samples/Unity-SharedSpatialAnchors

But when I start the app and enter the Share Spatial Anchors scene, it shows on the log window: "You are not authenticated to use this app. Shared Spatial Anchors will not work."

Reading the code it seems that the application is not getting the oculus user id correctly, but everyone is saying on forums that the project works, so I don't know if im missing something related to the user on the quest 2 or something...

2. ShavSkelet

ShavSkelet

If anyone has the same problem. You just have to upload the application to the Meta Quest developer Manager and then add User ID and User profile in the Data Use Checkup (in the left menu of the App Manager) Then it should work.

3. LTPStudioXR

LTPStudioXR

Thanks for the follow up. That helped. Have you been able to make it work with another user? I've gotten as far as seeing the other player's shared spatial anchor but the networked cube never lined up.

4. ShavSkelet

ShavSkelet

Yepp I finally got it to work, here is the forum (on meta developer forum) where I explain everything in detail!
    https://communityforums.atmeta.com/...ues-and-quot-tutorial-quot/m-p/1031268#M21655

5. mattiapompita

mattiapompita

I have an different issue.
    In play mode from Unity editor it works fine but when I build on Meta Quest 2 and choose Anchor Sharing Demo app crash.
    The strangest thing is that the same application build on Meta Quest Pro works fine.
    Someone happen the same thing? I don't know why it crash

6. Deltigre

Deltigre

Unity Technologies

This seems like something you'll need to address with Meta, but can you include more information on which Unity version you're building with and more details on the crash (e.g. logs)?

7. DFA10566

DFA10566

I'm testing the application in its original Unity environment(2020.3.42f) and its oculus integration version(v54), download this week. Everything seems to work, except for sharing the spartial anchor. I get an error during the OnSharedCompletResult: -1006. Looking at the code, I see that it manages to save the anchor, but it's really the Share() that doesn't work and causes the error. I looked on the net and found that error -1006 is an authentication problem... However, I have my metaApp ID with userId(cloudStorage) and userProfil(CloudStorage) and my photon server in realtime. Do you have any ideas?