Search Unity

Can't use Immediate window in rider for Newtonsoft get System.Security.VerificationException

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by FDMpro, Nov 15, 2021.

1. FDMpro

FDMpro

I just get this issue recently, when I try to debug the code in rider I can use evaluate for every thing but when I try for example
    token.Value<int>()
    in Immidiate window some times it return properly but most of the times it throw
    Exception of type 'System.Security.VerificationException' was thrown: Method with token 100665429 not found in type Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions
    I can get the token value and it's ok also in project it will works fine but I can't use Evaluate Expression nor Immediate Window in rider.
    this happens only for Linq name space but As I say some times its work properly.

remove library folder but it was work once.
    remove all *.csproj and .sln files not worked.

2. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

FDMpro likes this.
  3. FDMpro

FDMpro

Thank you for respond, Sure I will send it to other forum. I don't think it's rider because each time I make change in packages that cause assemblies to recompile the problem gone but just once after first Run in editor problem goes back.

MelvMay likes this.
  4. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

I can move your post if you want. It will leave a redirect here to it.

FDMpro likes this.
  5. FDMpro

FDMpro

Ok I tested the project with Visual Studio and the same problem happens only this time Visual studio says it can't find the method. now I'm pretty sure it's something todo with Unity.

6. FDMpro

FDMpro

Oh I forgot to say that I use Newtonsoft Json provided by unity in package manager version 2.0.2.
    editor version is 2022.2.0f1.