Search Unity

Question Can't use/create PBR shader graph at all!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by OOswinter, Dec 29, 2020.

1. OOswinter

OOswinter

I'm new to unity.
    I got a little game running everything works fine. now I want to use more than standard metallic materials so I looked into some tutorials for shader graph. In almost every one of these tutorials they show how to implement a render pipeline into Unity to get shader graph working but in my opinion, I tried everything I could to get it running.
    My problem is that in every situation I can't create a PBR shader graph. I tried high RP, universal Rp (both implemented later and prebuild) I installed shader graph and removed it. Same with unity versions I even reset my PC (which was necessary because of storage problems). the only option that I always have is the sub shader and the blank shader. and I can't find any tutorials that talk about this kind and how I can create distortion shaders with them: 002.PNG
    This is the maximum count of options I can get out of it: (but no PBR shader)
    001.PNG

R-B_Games likes this.
  2. NearlyClose

NearlyClose

Same problem here. v2020.2.0f. HDRP is installed and HDRP asset is in use for rendering under the project settings.

3. xofreshxo

xofreshxo

I have this same issue in v2020.2.1f1 with URP, I don't see any option for creating a PBR Shader.

It seems like you can make PBR shader graphs in an earlier version (I used 2019.4.17), copy and paste the shader into the 2020.2 project and then use/edit from there. That's what I did and I had no issues.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    warman88 likes this.
  4. TheInterloper

TheInterloper

5. unity_72NNT-e0FQsyKw

unity_72NNT-e0FQsyKw

some people searching this might want to know that you may not have the package installed. go to package managers, switch to unity registry and go to universal RP. install

6. Ayden213

Ayden213

Hey, im having the same issue. I have everything downloaded, even URP but nothing works.

7. EthanEyob

EthanEyob

Install Shader Graph as a package in the unity package manager.

8. knarteyt

knarteyt

anyway, it doesn't work

9. unity_DCLnoutLfeNYpg

unity_DCLnoutLfeNYpg

LucasOfEarth, Fenikkel and lteran9 like this.
  10. FLORIAN4600

FLORIAN4600

PBR shader graph is now named lit shader graph (or someting like this)

11. GameDev_4928394398

GameDev_4928394398

thats lit