Search Unity

Bug Can't upload to TestFlight (ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - UIWebView)

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by liortal, Jan 28, 2021.

1. liortal

liortal

We are on Unity 2019.4.13, getting this warning when uploading to TestFlight (due to UIWebView).
    ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage

I am not using Unity Ads in the project. I know that this was related, but we are not using it.

Examining the built .ipa, i can see that UnityFramework framework has a reference to UIWebView:
    upload_2021-1-28_13-1-27.png

Also, according to these bug report, i am not sure if our version includes the fix or not (and if not - WHY?!)

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...en-submitting-builds-to-the-app-store-connect

PLEASE ADVISE ON WHAT TO DO TO FIX THIS

2. liortal

liortal

OK found the problem, 2 seconds after posting this - problem is with Bolts.framework (comes with FacebookSDK)
    upload_2021-1-28_13-8-16.png

3. Starbox

Starbox

So, how did you fix this? Did you edit the code and change UIWebView for WKWebView?

4. liortal

liortal

@Starbox It's funny but i honestly can't remember. I am pretty sure we upgraded to the latest Facebook SDK and the issue was gone. What version of FB SDK are you using?

5. Starbox

Starbox

Hello,
    Thanks for replying! I remember that all advertising SDKs were rushed into updates because of this restriction. However I use Unity Ads as of now so I wondered if this was more a general thing because I had been updating about everything I could think of and this error still keeps coming up. I've already scorched a few build version just to probe the uploader and see if I were getting blocked again.
    I may have found one culprit file so I'll start a new thread.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021