Search Unity

Cant Upload Debug Token to BB Dev 10

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by CalaveraX, Sep 18, 2013.

1. CalaveraX

CalaveraX

Hi everyone, i just got my certificates for BB,

I have generated the keys on unity, generated the debug token, till then all good, but then i cant upload it to the device...

i have the device in development mode, i put the IP and Password from the device into unity, an when i click on upload, i just continue getting this message:

Device Address, Device Password and a valid debug token are all required before uploading a debug Token.
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Previously to this one i have:

Successfully created debug token C:/Users/User2/Desktop/DebugToken.bar
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

My firewall is down so i dont think that is a blocked connection. i have checked for 10 times the device ip and password are the correct ones.
    Te device is conected by usb at this moment, and to our wifi network (The computer is connected by wire, not wifi, but at the same network)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit: Its working now, doing the same, after unplug/plug the phone worked.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

One thing that I've noticed on windows is that for the windows OS to "see" (ability to ping) the device you need to have BlackBerry Link installed. I'm not sure if this was your issue but it's good to know. Another thing I've found that occasionally helps debugging this issue is pinging the development IP from a terminal window. Typically, if you're able to ping the device then you're able to upload a debug token successfully... unless you've got your device password/ip wrong. :)