Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't upgrade to 2019.2 due to HDRP

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by hippocoder, Apr 29, 2019.

1. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Hi,

When upgrading 2019.1 project to 2019.2 including upgrading HDRP package, it hangs when opening the upgraded project's scene with a few shaders present from shader graph. Is this a known issue?

2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

I had to export my project as a unity package and import it into a fresh 2019.2 project + redownload latest packages and then after that it was fine.

Not exactly a "fix" but should get you going, although the export import process using a unitypackage was a pain as a few things got messed up in the process ,but all in all only about 1 hour wasted fixing the issues

hippocoder likes this.
  3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

good idea! thanks

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  4. konsic

konsic

Hippocoder, GameDevCouple, whare are your observations working with 2019.2a?
    Does bugs/performance affect the workflow? Does lightmapping work?

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I cannot use 2019.2 alpha at all with HDRP as I've said. I tried the above advice. I think it'll be necessary to upgrade first to HDRP 5.14 then from there the project will be able to be upgraded to 6.x in 2019.2.

5.14 is not out yet if anyone's wondering at time of post.

6. id0

id0

I'm using HDRP from github (just download it), only this version works in 2019.2 14 for me. Lightmaps works fine, but not realtime GI (I'm send a bugreport yesterday). And crashes happen because of realtime reflection probes (even if render only first time, and not each frame)