Search Unity

Question Cant upgrade from URP to HDRP

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by battleblob1, Mar 1, 2023.

1. battleblob1

battleblob1

I am having difficulties upgrading to HDRP from URP. The wizard does nothing to my materials. I have no clue what to do. This project is very important as it is my final project for high school.

2. akent99

akent99

You might need to provide more information - e.g. share some screenshots showing what is wrong. My *complete guess* is the assets you were using use custom shaders and those shaders cannot be upgraded to HDRP automatically. (I say that because it was my biggest pain point!)

3. battleblob1

battleblob1

Most of the objects are Probuilder objects that use the standard urp/ lit texture. There some other objects that use custom textures, but they all use the urp lit shader..

Attached Files:

4. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

The HDRP wizard upgrades material from the built-in render pipeline to HDRP, not URP -> HDRP.
    You either have to temporarily set your materials to use the standard shader, and then convert, or manually convert them from URP to HDRP.

lacas8282, olavrv and DrMeatball like this.
  5. lacas8282

lacas8282

This is a pain. I have 1000+ material

6. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

The material upgrader was build to convert projects made with the built-in renderer to the render pipelines era, not to switch back and forth between the "new" render pipelines.

If it's to much of a hassle to change your materials' shader, a simple editor script (shouldn't need more than a dozen lines of code) would do the job for you.

7. wwWwwwW1

wwWwwwW1

You can also create a cross pipeline Lit shader (ex. use HDRP mask map) in shader graph, and use that shader graph instead of URP/HDRP Lit.

The only thing you need to do is to switch the target to URP/HDRP/BiRP in shader graph if the current pipeline changed.