Search Unity

can't update performance Test API to 2.0

Discussion in 'Testing & Automation' started by sebas77, Dec 23, 2019.

1. sebas77

sebas77

Just want to let you know that with Unity 2019.3 I always get an error if I try to update the package to 2.x. 1.3.3 works for me.

2. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

What error do you get?

3. sebas77

sebas77

4. sebas77

sebas77

btw just FYI, the package is still not available officially, I have to copy and paste the string in the manifest from your documentation for every new project.

5. meanmonkey

meanmonkey

same here, I'm stuck with performance testing api at version 1.3.3
    all other packages are up to date.
    Unity 2019.3.2f1

Error messages:

Cannot perform upm operation: Unable to add package [com.unity.test-framework.performance@2.0.7-preview]:
    Package com.unity.test-framework.performance@2.0.7-preview has invalid dependencies:
    com.unity.test-framework.performance.tests: Package [com.unity.test-framework.performance.tests@2.0.7-preview] cannot be found [NotFound]
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

---

Error adding package: com.unity.test-framework.performance@2.0.7-preview.
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

6. gintautass

gintautass

QA Minion Unity Technologies

Hey,

@sebas77, @meanmonkey

Could you check your manifest.json if com.unity.test-framework.performance is added to testables? If that is the case just remove and it should work.

I tried getting latest 19.3, importing performance testing package from the package manager window, seems to work. :)

> btw just FYI, the package is still not available officially, I have to copy and paste the string in the manifest from your documentation for every new project.
    with the release of 2.x we have whitelisted and it is now available through package manager window. It is still under preview so you will need to enable them. Open Package Manager -> Advanced -> Show Preview Packages -> in search enter performance and it should find it

7. I_hope_Unity_DIES

I_hope_Unity_DIES

Still getting an error:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.test-framework.performance@2.0.9-preview\Runtime\Data\Player.cs(3,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Newtonsoft' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)