Search Unity

Can't update or install packages from the package manger

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Deepwolf413, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Deepwolf413

Deepwolf413

Hi there,

I can't seem to update or install packages from the package manager anymore, when I press the Update button the circle before the package name rotates but nothing happens. The same thing happens when I press the Install button.

Tried to wait 30 minutes to see if something happens but nothing, I have also tried to reinstall Unity, and update to a newer version of Unity. I have tried to add a few stuff to the firewall, and disable my anti virus but nothing happens.

Any ideas as to what I can try out to fix it?

2. Deepwolf413

Deepwolf413

Anyone? I don't wanna have to manually download the packages from http://packages.unity.com and then extract them into the project :p

3. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

4. Deepwolf413

Deepwolf413

Here ya go :)

Attached Files:

5. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

The logs are clean. There is nothing hinting toward Package Manager connectivity issues :(.

6. Deepwolf413

Deepwolf413

Thanks for checking. So weird though, I remember it worked fine for me in 2018.2, then after I installed 2018.3 it just stopped working, and when I go back to 2018.2 or lower it still doesn't work. So confused :p

Would've reinstalled my computer just to see if that would do something, but I can't be arsed haha, got too much stuff I would have to install again :p

7. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Probably re-installing your computer is not necessary. Maybe try creating a new project? Or downloading Unity again?

8. Deepwolf413

Deepwolf413

I have tried 3 projects, and 1 one them were a completely clean one just to see if it worked on there (it didn't). I have also tried to reinstall Unity multiple times.

9. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

And your internet connection is fast?

10. Deepwolf413

Deepwolf413

Yes 300/300 Mbit/s, so it definitely shouldn't be a problem.

11. Deepwolf413

Deepwolf413

Just tested on my laptop that is connected to the same internet, it works fine. So now I'm most certain that it isn't something with my internet

12. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Same version of Unity? Same project? The two are exactly the same?

13. Deepwolf413

Deepwolf413

14. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Ok. There is probably something on your desktop computer affecting the Package Manager. Maybe anti-virus or something else. Sadly, I can't really help you pinpoint what it is remotely. If you ever figure it out, please let us know. I'm really sorry I can't help you more than this.

Pascal

15. Deepwolf413

Deepwolf413

I already tried to disable anti-virus completely. Anyways, thanks for trying to help finding the solution, appreciate it. I'll be sure to post a solution if I ever find one :)

16. AlfieBooth

AlfieBooth

Just in case this helps anyone else..
    Similar to this issue, my install/update button just plain didn't work.
    However, when i DOCKED the window into the editor, alongside one of the other windows, the button worked again. Yay for me, boo for this even being a thing.

unity_-OrMb7SQbUdcvg likes this.
  17. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Sorry to hear you were having this issue, but happy to know you found a workaround. Would you mind to file a bug about it?

Cheers,

Supi

18. Ramana23

Ramana23

I'am also currently facing this issue in my laptop
    I'am trying to install Animation Rigging 2.6 and its not happening.
    I installed pther packages before and it worked without a problem.

19. Deepwolf413

Deepwolf413

I actually forgot to post a solution, it started working again about a week after I made my last post. I'm actually not sure what was causing it. Might've been a firewall thing :) Because I believe it was after I re-installed my computer, that it started working again :)

thegreatdpx likes this.
  20. thegreatdpx

thegreatdpx

so i am also facing the same problem with package manager in 2019.3 . The problem lies with the Animation Rigging Package. When i click on install in different packages it works perfectly but in case when i click on install (in Animation Rigging Package) the circle i front of it starts rotating and nothing happens.....I waited around an hour but it kept on processing

21. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Could you please provide us with your editor.log + upm.log files? https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

Also, does this appear to happen with other packages, or just this one?

22. bash_the_coder

bash_the_coder

Hi there,

I don't know if you're aware of this problem? But when i go to the package manager and i try to install the cinemachine. It then gives me a error i have put a picture under. I have tried to restart my laptop and unity but nothing seemed to work?

Attached Files:

gamerdoggos11 likes this.
  23. ooofest

ooofest

I am a new Unity user and experienced this error for every package install attempt. Then I went into my Unity account online, confirmed my email address, etc. and that seemed to unblock the 500 errors related to installing packages via Package Manager. FYI

24. gamerdoggos11

gamerdoggos11

I had this problem too, if you install a older version of cinemachine, it works fine.

25. OmarMTG

OmarMTG

Same problem , very frustrating !! Package manager must indicate package size and download progress not a rotating cercle

26. Runeheads

Runeheads

That's ridiculous: why the package manager hasn't a RESUME function? I'm losing 1-2 hours every time I try to download a package because of the connection error (and I haven't connection issues - it's an issue on your side).

27. aspw1992

aspw1992

IM GETTING TIRED WITH THIS ENGINE .. SO MANY STRANGE BUG MAKE ME FRUSTATED !!!

andreyefimov2010 likes this.
  28. mitbol

mitbol

I was trying to fix Intellisense for VSCode and I thought about updating some of the packages through the package manager. I has the same problem and my solution was just by confirming my email for Unity ID, so PLEASE check is you haven't confirmed your email lol

29. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

upload_2020-12-10_19-12-12.png
    really now, how do i update the thing to the latest version? Package manager sees that there is newer version but it won't let me download it?

30. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Do you have anything coming up in the console, such as errors or warnings?

31. Zimmabue

Zimmabue

upload_2021-3-2_12-48-16.png

Same problem. I click install and then nothing.. it keeps loading. I noticed that it happend only when a package has dipendencies. In fact the I had no problems installing Mathematics package.
    I'm using 2019.4.21f1
    this is the last line in the log file: [2021-03-02T11:45:13.818Z][INFO] Resolving dependencies using SAT solver

32. Zimmabue

Zimmabue

Oh wait now it works... after 10 minutes or more of loading.

33. little_box

little_box

Same problem in 201.94.18f1 Xnip2021-04-04_00-30-11.png

34. RandomIdeationStudios

RandomIdeationStudios

Hi Buddy
    It worked for me
    pls try it guys

- Spider Developer

35. The_Natural_Tanuki

The_Natural_Tanuki

LMAO worked for me too. If your windows is too narrow, there is no visual cue that the Package Manager window is not showing everything you're supposed to see:

cant-see.png

But docking it with the game view showed me what I was missing:

see.png