Search Unity

Can't unlink project

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by sonicviz, Aug 2, 2016.

1. sonicviz

sonicviz

Hi,
    I'm on Unity 5.4, about to deploy a project to GooglePlay for beta testing.

As recommended I've been using a test project for ads/analytics but now I'm trying to switch over to a production project.

I've turned off both ads and analytics but nothing happens when I click unlink project.

I get a dialog that asks if I'm certain I want to unlink...then nothing.

This is really frustrating. Is there some kind of guide as to how you switch from a test env to a prod env without pulling your hair out?

2. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @sonicviz,

I'm sorry you're experiencing that it sounds super frustrating! What's the full 5.4 version you're using, so I can test? I just tested with 5.4.0b18, which was one of the betas, and was able to unlink a project, although I did have to refresh the services window before it would let me get to settings.

What I did was go to the services window, right click on the services tab, click Reload, then once it reloaded click on the Services menu hamburger, in that dropdown I clicked Settings, then unlink project. The services window does require an internet connection, and we have noticed that it can misbehave if the connection is weak, as an fyi.

3. sonicviz

sonicviz

Hi Erika,

Unity version is 5.4.0f3

>>right click on the services tab, click Reload,

This might be the key to do. Maybe I missed it but did not see this written anywhere.
    I'm on hi speed fibre in Japan, that's about as strong a connection as you can get so no problems there.

I'll try it later. As a workaround I just renamed my test project to the development version and released it for alpha test on GooglePlay. I will relink back to a new test project later with your advice if I can.

4. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @sonicviz,

I've heard internet is super good in Japan, I'm jealous. :) It's true, I'm not sure if the right click on the services window is documented anywhere. I'll make a note to look into it. Let me know how it goes when you have a chance, if reloading the page doesn't work I'll download that version of Unity and try to reproduce!

5. hybridAli

hybridAli

I am having same problem in Unity 2017.1.0p5

6. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@hybridAli,

Can you clarify the exact problem you are having?

Do you get any error message? Have you been able to previously unlink the service?

7. hybridAli

hybridAli

@ap-unity No error but nothing happens after clicking unlink project. Changing organization shows "Action Failed: The requested resources could not be found"

8. RSH1

RSH1

Same problem. Clicking "unlink project" is not doing anything. 2018.3.6f1

FlorentFal, aditya007 and Genebris like this.
  9. FlorentFal

FlorentFal

Same problem. Clicking "unlink project" is not doing anything. Unity 2017.2.17

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Not sure if this helps, but I just tested with Unity 2019.3 and it works correctly

11. FlorentFal

FlorentFal

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    xaldin-76, HQF, Echo620 and 2 others like this.
  12. HQF

HQF

13. xjjon

xjjon

Yeah this is a bug, need to press "NO" to unlink the project. Pressing Yes does nothing.

Unity 2019.4.8f LTS

14. RSH1

RSH1

2019.4.19f1 and this still isn't working. Clicking "Unlink Project" does nothing.

15. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please provide a screenshot, ensure you click the correct button :)

16. Schneider21

Schneider21

Hey, @JeffDUnity3D. I'm running into this with 2019.4.20f1.

unlink.gif

Is there a way to unlink from the Dashboard? I really can't have this project linked right now as it forces package upgrades/additions that put me on different versions than my team is using, making commits a real PITA.

17. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I am checking. You "may" have to open the project in a more recent version of Unity that (hopefully) doesn't have this problem. Once that is done, you can go back to your preferred Unity version.

18. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I just tested with Unity 2019.4.15f1 without issue. I'll install and test with 2019.4.20f1 next. One note, you need to be the project Owner or Manager to change service status. Update - I tested with 2019.4.20f1 without issue and was able to unlink the project. Ensure you are project Owner/Manager and check your network (proxy, firewall, antivirus, etc)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  19. Schneider21

Schneider21

I archived the project in the Dashboard, and that seems to have unlinked it in the Editor. I'm not an owner/manager in my company's account, but I had the Organization set to my user account (which is also, apparently, an organization?). Despite being unlinked, my project keeps wanting to update packages (installing Collaborate, updating URP and Burst, etc) even when I delete the entire project and reclone it from our repo. No idea what's going on there, but I can't spend anymore time messing with it right now.

We're trying to launch our app in the next week or so here, so I'm reluctant to have everyone update their Unity version at this moment. When the dust settles from that I'll see about putting our project on the latest 2019 build and updating all of our packages, so hopefully this won't be an issue (at least for me) anymore.

20. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You don't need to update Unity. Unlinking won't keep Package Manager or asset packages from updating. To change service status, only an Owner or Manager can make the change. It sounds like you a User in the Organization for the project you are working on. You won't be able relink the projectID, for security. You can ask the org to make you a Manager, or you can ask the Owner or Manager to unlink/relink for you.

21. Schneider21

Schneider21

I'm curious about the reasoning for this. If I've unlinked my project (which it appears to be, now), why is it that my project keeps trying to update to the package versions required to use the services I'm no longer using? Is it still linked behind the scenes somewhere and just isn't showing me that?

22. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Have you uninstalled the associated packages in Package Manager? URP and Burst are not cloud services.

23. Schneider21

Schneider21

We're using URP and Burst, just at an older version. For some reason, my project is forcing me to update to newer (but not the newest) versions of those packages, and it happened right after linking the application to a project in the dashboard. I'm testing whether it's okay to have everyone update to latest 2019.4 and update all our packages to current, but I was just really curious as to why -- despite even cloning the project clean -- it was forcing an update on those packages as soon as I open the Editor. It's also forcing the Collaborate package on us, which we didn't have installed previously and don't need or want included.

24. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The updates are not related to the linked or unlinked ProjectID. Perhaps a valid but separate issue.