Search Unity

cant uninstall unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by hesanda80, Jul 30, 2019.

1. hesanda80

hesanda80

I installed unity to my ssd (c drive) and copied it to my hard drive (e drive for storage). I removed everything from my c drive. When i go into add and remove programs i get this error. same with maya stuff and 3ds max same error. I think this is why my c drive is in red. anyone can help? c drive.png autodesk.png unity.png

2. Move back all the files to the original place and try again. It will probably work. And do not move installed programs just like that.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Your drive is red because it's almost full.

4. Mauri

Mauri

Red bar indicates that you're running low on disk space on that specific drive. Right now you have 84.7 GB of 930 GB left.

The error shown means that Windows couldn't found that specific .exe under the mentioned path. This makes sense since you've originally installed Unity on your C: drive, but then moved everything to your E: drive instead. You should never do that. Otherwise apps may not working properly anymore.

You can, by the way, install apps like Unity on external hard drives just fine. Make sure you choose the right path in the setup (if possible).

Joe-Censored likes this.
  5. hesanda80

hesanda80

Got it all removed. thanks for the help. Now it is saying 94.0 gb free of 930gb, all i have on my c drive is windows and world of warcraft and i know wow takes about 70gbs. something eating my space up.

6. - Check your temp folders
    - Check your library folders (package cache and so on)
    - Check Unity log files, there was/is a problem where the log files could reach extreme sizes due to some recurring problems.

7. Mauri

Mauri

Additionally to what Lurking-Ninja said: Use Windows' Disk Cleanup!

Also, one app that I love to use is WinDirStat. It analyzes the disk usage and shows you what folders and files take up the most space (more information on Wikipedia).