Search Unity

Can't switch to deferred rendering path

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by bonzaiferroni, Aug 26, 2018.

1. bonzaiferroni

bonzaiferroni

I'm having a problem switching to the deferred rendering path on my Camera. I have selected "Deferred" in the rendering path property on the component. Despite this, GetComponent<Camera>().actualRenderingPath evaluates to forward.

I will note that the camera is in perspective mode, so the issue isn't that it is orthographic.

Things I have tried:
    * Going into Project Settings > Graphics and changing all the rendering paths to Deferred
    * Rebuilding my camera gameObject/components from scratch
    * Reimporting all my assets

Am I missing anything? Is there any obvious or non-obvious reason why I can't seem to use deferred? There is very little in my scene, just a cube, a plane, and two directional lights. I'm using linear color space in case that matters. I'm using version 2018.2.5f1.

Here's another tidbit, I just saw that SystemInfo.supportsComputeShaders is evaluating to false, so I'm wondering if this is related and some system-level issue.

Edit: Ok I tried creating a new project and now SystemInfo.supportsComputeShaders evaluates to true and Camera.actualRenderingPath evaluates to Deferred when the option is selected. So something is misconfigured with my project.

Edit 2: Ok solved it! The issue was with the Graphics Emulation setting. It had been set at WebGL 1.0. Switching it to "No emulation" solved both issues. I definitely didn't do this manually, I'm wondering if it got set automatically when I attempted a webGL build a couple days ago.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018