Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't start Unity 5.5b1

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by Lszt, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Lszt

Lszt

Hi,
    when I try to start Unity 5.5b1 without launched it from a project (so by clicking on the d esktop icon for example). The project choice window is just grey and nothing happen.

I can't fill a bug in the engine cause it won't start. This is how it looks :

When I tried to start a project with unity 5.5b1 directly from a scene file this is the window (after the switching process from my previous unity version to unity 5.5b1) :

As you can see it's not really the same issue (I mean in the window display) cause there is nothing write in the window header (unity 5.5b1) and in the windows task bar in my desktop, there is nothing (no icon) in the second case.

Last test, if I click on the same scene after the previous import switching just nothing happen. Windows don't event try to start unity editor.

I work with Windows 10 64bits Pro.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  2. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Could you post the contents of your Editor.log file?

3. Lszt

Lszt

As soon as I go back home (so tonight) I will post the "Editor.log" I totally forget to past it in my post.
    I just tried at the office and nothing goes wrong with the beta :'(

4. Lszt

Lszt

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  5. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Looks like a bug loading the project browser
    Not sure if clearing the node cache might help, but will ask the project browser team to come take a look.

6. i_am_olo

i_am_olo

Unity Technologies

Hi,

We are investigating why this is happening with the 5.5 beta. If you could list us the contents of this folder:

C:\Users\amore\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Packages

Also, if empty, let us know if that user seems to have regular write access to that folder or not.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Apparently, 5.5.0b1 starts only if there is already another version of Unity installed. I wanted to do a clean install, so I removed all the Unity directories in AppData and ProgramData; all I get is the window the op has posted. Once I put back the Unity directories I had deleted, Unity 5.5.0b1 started normally. I hope my experience will help.

Lszt likes this.
  8. Lszt

Lszt

in this folder there is only a file named "package.json" with this in :

9. Lszt

Lszt

Hope this issue will be fixed in next update :)

10. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Unfortunately, to get keep the cycles short, unless it's reported really early, the minimum latency to fix is usually 2 builds (usually 2 weeks).

Keep watch on the release notes!

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Install another version Unity 5.4, launch it so that the directories are created in the AppData and ProgramData folders and then install 5.5.

12. mrekuc

mrekuc

I was having the same issue. Empty UI went back and installed an earlier version and now 5.5 Beta works like AnneSchmidt mentioned.

13. jay-jin

jay-jin

http://zhidao.baidu.com/link?url=yT...htFc3VyDWXYh5kkFrTk-2ChjppBfabTGbWdGuFqCpuBjS
    找到个解决办法:
      1)进入目录C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Packages
      2)创建文件夹node_modules,并进入node_modules。再创建文件夹【unityeditor-cloud-hub】和【unity-editor-home】
      3)进入目录C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\Packages
      4)将文件【unityeditor-cloud-hub-0.0.1.tgz】拷贝到目录C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Packages\node_modules\unityeditor-cloud-hub
      5)将文件【unity-editor-home-0.0.7.tgz】拷贝到目录C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Packages\node_modules\unity-editor-home
      6)解压【unityeditor-cloud-hub-0.0.1.tgz】,将解压出来的【dist】和【package.json】放到【unityeditor-cloud-hub】文件夹下
      7)解压【unity-editor-home-0.0.7.tgz】,将解压出来的【dist】和【package.json】放到【unity-editor-home】文件夹下