Search Unity

Can't Solve Low FPS

Discussion in '2D' started by denissuu, Nov 10, 2019.

1. denissuu

denissuu

Hi there! I have been trying to fix my game's low fps issue and I can't seem to get it right.I have tried making a really really low quality setting that I defaulted, disabling each post fx thing and stuff that might be dragging the performance down, and still no luck.I've ran out of ideas to be honest and I don't know what to do to improve my fps as I can't continue my project like this.There's only a glow to 2 small platforms, a car and some Color Correction and it still plays in 20-40 fps from what I think it is.
    Do you guys have any ideas about what I could do?

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

You need learn to use profiler.
    You can track down source of your bottleneck.

vakabaka likes this.
  3. denissuu

denissuu

Can you link me to some documentation/video that explains it better than the unity wiki?

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

hippocoder likes this.
  5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Yep just leaf through the manual, it actually does explain better than we could for things like simply using the editor...

Here's some tips that I post often in reply to this sort of query:
    • Is it mobile?
    • Are you using mobile shaders?
    I mean, generally that's what performance issues in 2D boil down to. Someone tried it on mobile and it ran really badly. So generally if you find the performance increases a lot with a lower resolution then you need faster shaders.

If resolution isn't changing the performance much then you need to be looking at profiler, in particular reduce allocations (GC / Garbage etc) - again profiler in hierarchical view will help. You can sort results like by millisecs or GC by clicking the relevant column.

This allows you to see at the top, what is taking up the most time and begin to address those issues. Good luck and post if you get stuck or have more questions.

6. denissuu

denissuu

I mean, the thing is that I am trying to use the profiler to track my phone's usages and it just automatically goes back to the editor and there I can't see any fps issues at all as it goes to 4k fps or something like that.Do you have any suggestions on how I could keep my phone connected on the profiler?I am also using Unity Remote 5 when hitting play and it's connected via USB with debbuging on.What could it be that it's making it go back to the editor performance stats?

7. denissuu

denissuu

Thanks.I have bumped into another issue meanwhile, the thing that I can't connect my phone there in the profiler so I can monitor what's happening on that not the actual editor as there it works well.I have written more about it in another answer.You could go ahead and read that.Maybe you know something that could help me fix this.