Search Unity

Can't share legacy animations in Unity 2019 any longer?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Royall, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Royall

Royall

So I was converting my project to 2019 and I noticed my legacy animations stopped working.
    The thing is that animation clips now have new naming? For example instead of "DogRun" it's now "ArmatureMale|DogRun"

The problem is that in my workflow I have both the male and female rigs and models in one Blender file. This way I can make one set of animations and use it for both genders. The armatures are fully similar except for some minor proportional adjustments.

This worked fine in previous Unity versions but now things get messed up. I can even see that Unity imports the animations double as in "ArmatureMale|DogRun" and "ArmatureFemale|DogRun". I was able to fix this by renaming the clip in the import settings to the normal "DogRun" and use the ArmatureFemale for example.

Problem is that Unity also renamed the armature bones as in the Male Armature naming is still the same but the female bone names have " 1" behind each bone. Now the animations don't work any longer.

Anyone knows how I can fix this?

2. thomaschollet

thomaschollet

Unity Technologies

Hi, this must be due to a recent change in the blender conversion script. There's two thing you can try :
    1) Export to FBX with the 'export all actions' setting turned on.
    2) Go to the Unity installation folder and locate the Unity-BlenderToFBX.py file in Data/Tools/,
    replace line 43 by bake_anim_use_all_actions=True

3. Royall

Royall

Line 43 is "elif blender249:" in my Py file. Also cant find the bake_anim parameter.

Edit: I added the line in the list "bake_anim_use_all_actions=True" and reimported animations. But it still imports the clips with a Armature Prefix

Edit 2: Also tried the "All Actions" checkbox enabled when I manually export as FBX (which is checked by default btw). No result

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  4. thomaschollet

thomaschollet

Unity Technologies

Sorry I should have asked which version you were using.. Would you mind logging a bug or at least post a file that I could reproduce the issue with ? I'll take a look at this.