Search Unity

Can't set up my editor

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by rafallauterbach, Jun 4, 2019.

1. rafallauterbach

rafallauterbach

I'm using Unity Hub for Linux (I don't know how to check version)
    I'm using Unity 2019.3.0a4
    I'd like to be using Code 1.34.0 (Visual Studio Code)

My Unity Hub refuses to open editor no matter what method I try.

At first I was folowing this guide : https://askubuntu.com/questions/101...-studio-code-default-script-editor-in-unity3d (look at accepted answer)
    and it failed with message unrecognized option --args.

Than I tried the same but without modyfing arguments with the same results (unrecognized option --args)

I tested out if command "code" works and it do. I tried it both with arguments and without - it works like charm.

I selected my .sh file and selected argument $(File) but test.log remains empty and nothing happens + I don't even get any error in unity! now it just doesn't do anything at all, it is just stright up ignoring me.

here's my sh :
    #!/bin/bash
    code $1 > test.log

I don't know what else to try. It doesn't look to me like it even tries run this command at all, because I would have log if it did.

Also every time I wan't to make little change in preferences - external tools it takes way to much time (like 3-5 seconds)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,
    Would you please report a bug then we can take a closer look into your log files.
    Also, I am wondering which distribution/version of linux are you using.

Best,
    Afshin

3. rafallauterbach

rafallauterbach

Sorry, for not answering, I must set up some kind of notification.

I was using Xubuntu -> Ubuntu 16.04 and it was pretty well set up, because I had a lot of games and programing software, so there should be no dependencies missing, but I cannot be sure. I will provide some more data when I will be sitting on Linux again, because for now I swapped to Windows.