Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't send bug report

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by NessieChan, Aug 26, 2019.

1. NessieChan

NessieChan

Hi,

I was trying to send a bug report using my Unity ID from my workplace, but every time, I get this "Bad Gateway" error:
    upload_2019-8-26_10-49-4.png

Also, just in case it's related, I also couldn't post this from that account because when I try to log in with that email into the forum, it tells me this:
    upload_2019-8-26_10-50-19.png

Is there any other way to report a bug? Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

2. Aenah

Aenah

I have the same problem.

Any help?

3. ISanchezV

ISanchezV

I'm still having the same problem, but, I managed to find the direct email to the support: bugs@unity3d.com

You can send them your report and repro project manually. I got the automated response just like when sending a Bug Report through Unity.

4. Aenah

Aenah

Thanks a lot!!!

5. Domas_L

Domas_L

Unity Technologies

What is the approximate size of the repro project you're trying to send with the bug report? If it's rather large (1-2GB and more), you could try stripping it down a little bit (for example, deleting the "Library folder") and try again.

Worst case scenario, you could detach the project from the report, and make a note in the description that you were having problems, and Customer QA will give you cloud space in which you can upload the project.

6. Domas_L

Domas_L

Unity Technologies

It is not advised to send the reports directly to bugs@unity3d.com as they will most likely be lost somewhere and not tracked. Could you please try sending a bug report through Unity Hub bug reporter and see if it results in the same behavior?

7. ISanchezV

ISanchezV

My project is indeed very large, but I couldn't send anything, project or not, through the bug reporter. Luckily, my bug report through email was assigned and is being taken care of. If I have the need to send a bug report again and it doesn't work, I'll try the Unity Hub bug reporter, thank you for the information.

PS: I'm the OP, but this is my pro account, and I was also unable to login into the forums with it when I posted, so I used my personal Unity account.

8. iscf

iscf

I have the same problem with troubleshooting and the editor repport, even to say i have problem to repport with no file associated it failed, i got

Something went wrong

Or

SSL Handshake failed

I will try to reopen UnityHub but otherwise i will send it with the mail.

EDIT: Doesn't work, will send a mail with this issue, and the issue i wanted to send at the origin.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  9. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Hi @iscf
    Please try again. We had a short window of outage due to an SSL certificate expiring today...

10. iscf

iscf

@MartinTilo Not working. Maybe the server must update first.

EDIT : It's fixed now.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    MartinTilo likes this.
  11. LtKelleyUSMC

LtKelleyUSMC

So, when clicking the Occlusion Tab, Unity crashes, popping up the Windows Unity Bug Reporter, and never finishes PACKING THE REPORT, so therefore I will never be able to send this, unless I send this via email to bugs@unity3d.com, but I mean, are you kidding? We are trying to report bugs in Unity, and, of all things, the tool to report a bug has a bug in it. GEEZZ

12. mech_alina

mech_alina

I am getting same issue with Unity Bug Report never finishing packing the report. Stuck at 0% in the loading bar. What do I do?

13. oTaijjo

oTaijjo

I also tried to submit a bug, but I always got a "permission denied" error, no matter how large the attached files were. I'm also the admin of my computer so I'm not suspecting anything related to that.

14. Ziplock9000

Ziplock9000

My Unity crashes 100% of the time after I edit code and is completely unusable after trying every fix..
    I try to send a crash report, that errors too... Bad Gateway....
    U2023.1.5f1
    Come on guys..