Search Unity

Resolved Cant select run device (Oculus)

Discussion in 'VR' started by Roostorf, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Roostorf

Roostorf

I am trying to start my first VR project, but it wont let choose my run device in build settings. I have oculus set up in developer mode for USB connectivity. I an able to build/run a project in 2018.4.36f1, but when I try a project in 2019.3.0f6 I get nothing, its all greyed out and only uses android sdk or java sdk as the option. Kinda new to this, but I have it working in 2018. I was also having trouble with 2020 where I could build and run it, but it just ran in a window in the oculus. Am I stuck with using 2018?
    https://ibb.co/0jKj9yt

2. Roostorf

Roostorf

Also I have OpenVR Desktop 2.0.5, Android Studio, and XR Legacy Input Helpers (1.3.11) installed, as well as oculus integration.

3. Roostorf

Roostorf

Well solved it, had to add to add Android SDK via unity hub, it looked like it was installed but the sub directories were not

unisushi and JoeStrout like this.
  4. unisushi

unisushi

Thank you Roostorf, this was the most helpful solution. I struggled with this for months, which discouraged me (a total beginner) a lot.
    I had to delete the unity and reinstalled from scratch, then added Android SDK via Unity Hub (build setting says I need to download it - just click then it will do the job). Then Project Settings allow you to choose Android - Oculus, and this also updates Build Setting to show the Run Device with options and the refresh button.