Search Unity

Can't Select Light Probes in Unity 2018.4.9f1

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by trilobyteme, Sep 27, 2019.

1. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

This is the weirdest thing, and I have not yet been able to find any info via web searches.

I've been using Unity a couple years now, and am familiar with using light probes. Add a light probe group, add additional probes and reposition as necessary, etc etc. It's well documented in the maual
    https://docs.unity3d.com/2018.4/Documentation/Manual/class-LightProbeGroup.html

Unfortunately, in Unity 2018.4.9f1 for Mac, once I place the probe group and click the Edit Light Probes button, I am unable to select probes in the group. I've tried selecting individually as well as selecting via rectangle with the trackpad/mouse. Nothing will highlight. I double-checked in an old Unity 2018.2.21 project, that still works as expected. I tried quitting and relaunching, as well as rebooting the machine. I also checked on two different Macs running different versions of macOS... the issue appears to be isolated to Unity 2018.4.9f1.

Is something broken? Is anybody else experiencing light probe selection issues?

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Yes, something is broken.

It's a duplicate of this bug, which somehow made its way into LTS long after the fact : https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ct-light-probes-while-in-lightprobe-edit-mode

I made a fresh bug report just in case and I got the following reply:

Hopefully that means in the next LTS it will be fixed.

3. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

Yeah, fingers crossed.

4. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

Circling back, I'm pleased to report this is fixed in 2018.4.10f1. Thanks!

LezCT and rasmusn like this.