Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

ProBuilder Cant Select Face or Verticie

Discussion in 'World Building' started by renman3000, Sep 9, 2019.

1. renman3000

renman3000

Hi there,
    For some reason, I can not select my shapes, desired face, nor verticie and I can't see why.
    Any ideas?

* I can select the whole object, or a group of faces (drag over). using 4.1.0, Unity 2019.2.4f1

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Sorry, we had a bug slip by in that version related to prefs - fixed in the latest!

renman3000 likes this.
  3. wtksana_unity

wtksana_unity

same problem in pb4.1.0 unity 2019.3.0b3

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

renman3000 likes this.
  5. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Note: you can reset PB prefs as a workaround fix :)

renman3000 likes this.
  6. wtksana_unity

wtksana_unity

7. renman3000

renman3000

Thank you!

8. renman3000

renman3000

Correction,
    this does work!! I had actually missed this.
    Thank you!

9. Claytonious

Claytonious

What does this actually mean?

10. Claytonious

Claytonious

For anyone else who lands here, "reset PB prefs" means open Unity preferences, select ProBuilder, click the tiny gear icon in the upper right, and choose "Reset All". You will get a warning that makes it sound and look like you are resetting all of your Unity preferences, but it's only Probuilder, so say yes.

Then suddenly you can select faces and vertices again.

I had to do this even in Unity 2019.3.0f2. I was very confused for an hour as to why Probuilder simply wouldn't work anymore. I would bet a great many users have tried it, run into this problem, and just assumed Probuilder doesn't work without coming here to find this workaround.

gabrielw_unity and renman3000 like this.
  11. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks Claytonious for clarifying that, much appreciated :)

12. Exile-of-Broken-Sky

Exile-of-Broken-Sky

It seems that when you set an object to certain layers, this bug occurs. At least for me, the default layer allows probuilder to select face/edge/vertex, but on some custom layers I made and set the object to, probuilder would no longer register the object's parts. Upon returning to default layer, or a layer that didn't cause the bug, I could again edit the mesh normally. My problem layer was layer 9

I'm using Unity 2019.2.17f1 Personal, and using the preview package of ProGrids as well.

13. Jawirast

Jawirast

I couldn't select faces but found out my issue was that the cubes were in a custom layer a created called ground. Changing the layer back to default let me select faces again

14. jkh0208

jkh0208

Still broken for me on the latest version of Unity and probuilder. Merge feature breaks ability to select vertices.

15. adamwilks

adamwilks

Installed the latest release of Unity (2019.3.13f1) yesterday, thought I'd try out ProBuilder today for UV editing and think I've come across this bug. Confused the heck out of me for a while.

Don't suppose there is a fix due any time soon? I tried the work around above (reset prefs) and it made no difference.

16. chrismarch

chrismarch

yeah, also on 2019.3.13f1, and I am dragging to select verts in the scene view and it either gets the wrong set, or deselects the object. behavior changes if I change from perspective to iso

17. adamwilks

adamwilks

Seems as though a pull request (linked to from above) containing a fix was merged back in January so I guess this is either a regression or a new bug, although I note that the pull request description states it is "still unknown how these cases occur".

18. browizard

browizard

Can confirm Unity v2019.3.13f1 cant select faces and reseting pref does not work.

19. browizard

browizard

Ah I see this is just me being a noob not having worked with PB or Unity before. I had to select "Build" in the shape tool dialogue panel before I could select faces.

unityunity