Search Unity

Question Can't seems to move in simulated view.

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by kristalize, Jul 27, 2020.

1. kristalize

kristalize

When I load the MARS template and press play, I can't seems to use the WASD to move the camera. And also when I unplay the scene, there is a warning telling me to add a MARS Session but there is already a MARS session in the hierarchy. Anyone encountered this before?

2. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

Hi there. In order to move the MARS camera with WASD controls, you need to click your right mouse button within the game or sim view and hold it down. When you release the mouse button, the keyboard controls are disabled. We have it set up this way so that our camera controls do not conflict with any "always-on" controls that you may have implemented based on mouse movement and WASD keys.

I am not familiar with this bug on exiting play mode. If you click the "Reload" button (two arrows in a loop) in the simulation view, does it correct itself? If that doesn't work, does simulation resume if you close and re-open the scene, or restart the editor?

3. rosssssss

rosssssss

Hello, I'm just gonna continue this thread as I have a related issue. I'm working in Unity 2020.2.1 - on a Mac - and in Simulation view - set to Device - there is a little box saying "Press Play in the Simulation controls then hold the right mouse button blah blah..." - i press Play in the simulation controls and there's no way it seems to move the device view around. However - if i press play in the overall Unity Play panel - and it brings up the Game view.. then i can move around with the right mouse button and look around and see planes etc... is that expected behaviour? thanks

4. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

hello @rosssssss ,

Yes it is, to move in the simulation view you must keep pressed the right click, this is to not interfere while not in play mode.