Search Unity

Can't seem to open project I just purchased

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Snowfalls933, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Snowfalls933

Snowfalls933

Hey guys, I bought a cheap app on flippa so I can play around with editing it and I can't seem to open it in unity? I downloaded it in a zipped file and extracted it to a unity project. When I open the project I go to the scene in the assets file and click "open" and nothing happens. Any advice?

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I don't know what flippa is, nor what you mean by "extracted it to a unity project." Better post a screen shot of what you have. Most likely you either don't have a Unity project at all, or you do, and you haven't opened the scene but are instead just looking at an empty new scene that Unity makes for you by default until you open one.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. Snowfalls933

Snowfalls933

Okay, that sounds like what happened, I just assumed it came with the scene, which is why I thought it was a unity program, but it looks like it's scripted in java. Thanks!

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please show a screenshot, you might be hitting an issue where a scene file is opened in the default text editor.

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Well Unity has never supported Java. Unless you meant JavaScript (which has as much in common with Java as black coffee has to a blended iced mocha with whipped cream and chocolate chips). If it is JavaScript, the editor lost support to compile that after 2018.2.x if I remember correctly.

A Unity project would typically come with several scenes, but that doesn't mean one of the scenes will be opened by default. If it doesn't know which to open, it will just open a new scene. You just tell Unity to open one of the saved scenes.