Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't seem to get Kinematica to work outside of Hello World

Discussion in 'Animation Previews' started by Keiishkii, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Keiishkii

Keiishkii

Hi there, as the title says I'm hitting a brick wall when it comes to setting up Kinematica, there are two things I've noticed.

When setting calling PlayFirstSequence() with a query that can't find anything I get an index out of bounds error of something like (index: -1, size: (amount of animations clips in the Asset Builder)). Which I find odd, as other people who have posted similar issues get an actual debug log saying it failed to find anything from the query.

The second and more important issue is that even when a query should find something, an example being `synthesizer.PlayFirstSequence(synthesizer.Query.Where("Idle", HelloWorld.Idle.Default));` this still does nothing but cause memory leaks.

I'm pretty much running the same code as Hello world and have lowered it down to just check if it can find a single animation in the asset builder and still haven't had any luck.

Personally I'm not convinced this is a bug in Kinematica, and instead I think I've just set it up wrong. Though watching this -
    - multiple times hasn't exactly shed much light on where said issue lies.

Any help on either a different setup guide or if someone has ran into these same errors before and knows the fix would be appreciated.