Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't see trees when I get too far

Discussion in 'World Building' started by leozhang1, Mar 3, 2021.

1. leozhang1

leozhang1

Hello friends,

I cannot see the trees when I am far enough from them. I only see trees that are closest to me. I've tried toggling options in the terrain settings and even the main camera clipping planes but have found no solution :/ Maybe it's an LOD thing? How can I increase the tree rendering distance (yes, I know performance will take a toll)? The tree I used was from this link: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vegetation/trees/conifers-botd-142076
    upload_2021-3-3_15-40-56.png

2. warthos3399

warthos3399

Please Check: Terrain Settings/Detail Distance. This controls by distance, what will be culled (visable). As far as asset/model, make sure to pre-optimize that asset. Textures should have MipMap support, Read Write disabled, and delete RIG (animation) if it has one, and set asset as Static.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  3. Drayane

Drayane

I don't understand your reply can you re-explain to a beginner pls ?

4. warthos3399

warthos3399

LOD's settings effect this also, not just terrain or camera settings. LOD's have a "culled, and distance" per level of detail function. Meaning: LOD's can be adjusted for visability/texture resolution, per distance, so check LOD settings on said object (trees).

unityunity