Search Unity

Can't see trees when I get too far

Discussion in 'World Building' started by leozhang1, Mar 3, 2021.

1. leozhang1

leozhang1

Hello friends,

I cannot see the trees when I am far enough from them. I only see trees that are closest to me. I've tried toggling options in the terrain settings and even the main camera clipping planes but have found no solution :/ Maybe it's an LOD thing? How can I increase the tree rendering distance (yes, I know performance will take a toll)? The tree I used was from this link: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vegetation/trees/conifers-botd-142076
    upload_2021-3-3_15-40-56.png

2. warthos3399

warthos3399

Please Check: Terrain Settings/Detail Distance. This controls by distance, what will be culled (visable). As far as asset/model, make sure to pre-optimize that asset. Textures should have MipMap support, Read Write disabled, and delete RIG (animation) if it has one, and set asset as Static.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  3. Drayane

Drayane

I don't understand your reply can you re-explain to a beginner pls ?

4. warthos3399

warthos3399

LOD's settings effect this also, not just terrain or camera settings. LOD's have a "culled, and distance" per level of detail function. Meaning: LOD's can be adjusted for visability/texture resolution, per distance, so check LOD settings on said object (trees).

5. sumukakanlng

sumukakanlng

on Terrain Inspector.. go to Terrain Settings, then go to tree Details and Objects.. adjust the Billboard Start

6. warthos3399

warthos3399

As sumukakanlng said, and myself, your problem lies with whats seen per distance. Thats your path to the problem, be it LOD's, or billboard start setting, etc.

7. Stygga

Stygga

Thank You! I was having the same thing and this fixed it!

Cheers!