Search Unity

Can't see Rect Transform anchors on scene editor

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Shxdow, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Shxdow

Shxdow

I've tried all of these things:
    - Enabling the RectTransform gizmo
    - Unlocking all inspector windows
    - Ensuring inspector is in normal mode and note debug
    - Setting all layers to UI
    - Reinstalling Unity Hub and Unity (2019.3.6f1)

but I still can't see Rect Transform anchors on a UI Image Object which is parented by a Panel which is parented by a Canvas. Any help would be appreciated.

2. sisse008

sisse008

3. Rhiojin

Rhiojin

I just want to say thanks to sisse008 and to emphasize just how much of a pain this was to figure out even though ive been using unity for 6 years straight.

In my case id just upgraded unity and imported the Post Processing stack and thought that was the issue as working with mobile + post processing stack on mac creates an ever present warning in console every time you click the scene view. I thought i would just live with it but couldnt anymore after 2 weeks of not being able to properly edit my UI prefabs. so Ive been furiously googling for the past couple days.

So thanks again sisse008.

4. sinjimonkey

sinjimonkey

OH my GOD!!!

You have no idea how much I have been struggling with this and I've searched multiple times over the past year and none of the answers really solved it (usually they tell you to tinker with a specific gizmo.. but not actually to click the gizmo menu to toggle them)

Now I'm working on something very finicky and I absolutely NEED to set the anchors to a very specific place... and you just saved my bacon.