Search Unity

Can't see player.

Discussion in '2D' started by Adims, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Adims

Adims

Firstly, I am new to programming, and game development/design. I am in the process of self-learning via watching videos and reading forums.

Now in the sample game I am making I am having a huge issue. I am using a program called Tiled to make the layout of my 2D RPG game, and I am using SuperTiled2Unity / Tiled2Unity to export my files from my computer to Unity. Now I figured out how to get the map on Unity, and how to move it around, but my problem now is that my Character is always behind my map, no matter what layer I put him on (even if I create a new layer) unless of course I mess with the (Z) position and push the map behind my Character (which I don't want to do since it is a 2D game, and then that messes with the layer values in my map)

Can anyone please help me with this issue?
    (PS: Sorry if this is not the correct place to post the question.)
    Player troubles.png

2. WheresMommy

WheresMommy

How does your hierarchy look like? Is the player below the map or above?

3. Adims

Adims

In my hierarchy the it goes Scene > Camera > Map > Player (I have tested moving these around and also messing with the sorting layer, and nothing worked, only success I had was when I messed with the Z axis)

4. eses

eses

@Adims

Hi.

There are several ways to sort and order sprites.

It sounds like you haven't read the docs, and it also sounds like you haven't checked the official tutorial videos either.

Just google "unity sprite sorting" and you'll start finding links and keywords. Check these, and you'll know how to sort sprites.

5. WheresMommy

WheresMommy

Maybe give us a screenshot of the player and the tile inspector

6. Adims

Adims

Player troubles.png

7. WheresMommy

WheresMommy

Is the tiled map a plugin or similiar? I guess, this one is putting sprites somewhere above your player, but I do not know that script. Are you sure, the Default Layer is below the Player layer? Cause Order in Layer just cares about the order in that specific layer.

8. Adims

Adims

Okay, I had to back track a bit to solve the problem. If anyone else is having the problem, here is the solution. Player troubles.png

WheresMommy likes this.
  9. WheresMommy

WheresMommy

As i thought, thanks for clarification :)

10. LillyB

LillyB

Looks like your game isn't fully ready yet? When will it launch?

11. Adims

Adims

This isn't a game for launch, I am just using it as a learning project. Getting use to how Unity works, and learning coding and what not. Thank you for your interest :)

LillyB likes this.
  12. James976

James976

What stage are you at?

13. LillyB

LillyB

okey! Carry on buddy.