Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't see most packages in package manager

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by wightwhale, Mar 11, 2019.

1. wightwhale

wightwhale

I'm behind a corporate proxy and I'm having trouble getting packages to appear in the package manager. I tried making the script to launch unity hub with different settings for the proxy but that doesn't help. I also have trouble getting to the asset store where it shows me as offline.
    Please help.

2. ethan_jl_unity

ethan_jl_unity

Unity Technologies

3. wightwhale

wightwhale

I got my IT to open up the firewall for the sites listed in the guide and I've tried launching unity with the given command file but it is not helping me see any more packages than before. Is there any other steps I can take? To access the internet I generally need to enter my username and password for each application as well. Surely I can't be the only one trying to use the package manager behind a corporate firewall.

4. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

Hello @wightwhale,

That is not a great experience. I apologize you're having issues.
    I'm curious on how many packages you do see and if the Package Manager UI cogwheel (the updating packages information window) keeps "turning"? Could you perhaps post a screenshot for us to see the scale of the issue?

You are not indeed. If your IT whitelisted those URL provided in Maxime's post and they allow certificate installation, then there should be nothing stopping you from accessing the distant registry.

We can take a look to see if there is a code timeout imposed on fetching packages, which would explain the fact that while you're prompted to authenticate behind your firewall, the code is put on wait and eventually times out, but I do think, however, that we no longer impose any timeouts on the server side.

We currently do not support username/password authentication. I can add this to our backlog but can't speak to its priority.

Cheers,
    Pedro
    Unity STE

ethan_jl_unity likes this.
  5. wightwhale

wightwhale

Before I launch a project I see a warning that I'm not connected to a network as well. Here's a picture of the package manager. The package manager will spin the wheel for a few seconds and load in a couple of the packages. I don't have any prompts for certificate installation, and I'm not quite sure what that means.

Attached Files:

6. ethan_jl_unity

ethan_jl_unity

Unity Technologies

7. wightwhale

wightwhale

I've been testing on 2018.3.5f1. I've attached the log files.

Attached Files:

8. ethan_jl_unity

ethan_jl_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @wightwhale,

We did a bit of investigation on our end but didn't see anything in the log file that indicates what could have caused this..

Could you open a ticket for this and post the ticket number here? Please make sure to include detailed reproduction steps on how you set up the proxy, etc.

There're also a few things that's in the network configuration manual that I'll point out again here:
    • Make sure you have the hub program killed (that it doesn't show up in the tray area) before running the script to launch hub.
    • Can you check if your Proxy server is using a self-signed certificate? There have been issues reported with using a self-signed certificate for the proxy. These certificates are considered insecure and will be rejected by the underlying HTTPS layer used by the Package Manager.

Thanks so much!
    Ethan

9. bugfinders

bugfinders

No I have very similar issues and even when I think Im close to getting there, and can see the asset store, packages wont download and the asset store gets me to login but then acts like I didnt.. so, I cant do a thing.. I wish there was a way for us to download things outside unity, or for it to just use the browser for a call and so we can type in usernames and passwords and work