Search Unity

Can't see animations of model (Possible bug?)

Discussion in 'Animation' started by MastersOfUs, Nov 1, 2018.

1. MastersOfUs

MastersOfUs

In the "Animation" tab for my model, none of the animations show up. All I get is the warning:

"The rigs of the selected models are not setup to handle animation. Change the Animation Type in the rig tab an click Apply."

It is a human model. And for "Configure Avatar" Unity recognizes it as T-posed. I have tried the 3 different "Animation Type" options, but the problem remains. The actual animations seem to be imported correctly as I can find them in the Project window, however I cannot edit them from there.

Here is a picture of what I am describing:

AwesomeX and halecc like this.
  2. Goatogrammetry

Goatogrammetry

Not set up to handle animation. What does that even mean? Weird. Perhaps its time to start a debug scheme.

First, make a 3 bone worm and skin a capsule to it. See if you can make that work.

Next step, whats different between your 3 bone worm and your humanoid?

3. MastersOfUs

MastersOfUs

It seems to be a bug. I already did this and opened it in 2018.2.14, where everything worked perfectly. I then upgraded the project to 2018.3.0b8, and I got the same issue. I submitted a bug report, so this will hopefully be fixed :) Weird thing is that a character I imported from the asset store worked, so it might be a blender issue(?)

steego and halecc like this.
  4. steego

steego

Seeing the same thing here, good to see I'm not the only one, I thought I was going crazy.

5. tmelanconroy

tmelanconroy

Same thing in Unity 2018.3.0b9 and 2018.3.0b8
    Can't seem to import animate models anymore, even if I change the animation type to humanoids with all bones set correctly.

6. MastersOfUs

MastersOfUs

One note I would like to add is that Unity recognizes the humanoid avatar. I get the "Configure Avatar" option that works nicely with everything showing as green.

tmelanconroy likes this.
  7. MastersOfUs

MastersOfUs

UPDATE: I just got a mail back from Unity and was told to download 2018.3.0b10, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone here have a clue?

8. steego

steego

It is not available yet, probably some time next week.

tmelanconroy and MastersOfUs like this.
  9. MastersOfUs

MastersOfUs

I just got a confirmation that it is fixed in 2018.3.0b10, which will be out in a few weeks.

10. MastersOfUs

MastersOfUs

All works well in 2018.3.0b10!