Search Unity

Bug Can't scroll hierarchy window horizontally

Discussion in 'Linux' started by LukaKotar, Dec 2, 2015.

1. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

When the hierarchy window's contents take up more horizontal space than can be seen in the window, the scrollbar doesn't appear.

For example, if I add a character to the scene and alt+click the arrow on the left to fully expand it, some of the objects will be listed outside of the visible area. I can still select them, but I cannot read the transform name unless I resize or maximize the hierarchy window.

DanielSegui and Holmes555 like this.
  2. rockwjx

rockwjx

Agree

3. TenaciousDan

TenaciousDan

Seriously, why is this not a thing? This bug is a serious issue with the UnityEditor GUI.

Making scenes that have a lot of depth to them requires me to purchase a bigger monitor in order to see the deeply nested gameobjects in the hierarchy window. Please, i beg of you, for the love of god, fix this.

Holmes555 likes this.
  4. Holmes555

Holmes555

Agree, that's very annoying. This feature was requested 5 years ago, and it should take 2 lines of code, so WHY haven't you add it? Maybe this could be resolved by adjusting some settings?

5. KevinWelton

KevinWelton

I feel you. This is annoying.

Feel free to log a bug via Help->Report a Bug or upvote an existing issue.

6. sovtek

sovtek

Yeah I agree this is basic UI window stuff. I shouldn't have to manually expand the window every single time I need to see an object on a bone that's 10+ bones deep.

EmpirisoftNathan and StellarVeil like this.
  7. EmpirisoftNathan

EmpirisoftNathan

2023 ... I don't suppose there is a hidden option to enable this by now..

Sarai and BionicWombatGames like this.
  8. Sarai

Sarai

Bump

9. niuage

niuage

What is going on haha. There has to be a reason for this not being fixed, but it's still very surprising... and frustrating.

10. a436t4ataf

a436t4ataf

This has been logged many times. "Reporting a bug" would have literally zero effect. I would be more interested in hearing an explanation from Unity staff of why they've known this problem for 15+ years and done nothing about it - what is the problem, why can't it be fixed?

My best guess is that the UIToolkit team has taken ownership and will 'eventually' get around to replacing the core Editor windows, and when they do this will be fixed 'for free'.